PDA

View Full Version : need help removing permanent marker

NA_EG6
12-14-2006, 04:41 AM
:confused: hello...my sister just purchased a new van and some little kids in her building wrote on her exterior with a permanent marker....any advice on how to remove this mark without damagin the paint???thanks in advance...

NorahCRV
12-14-2006, 07:22 AM
I would try a light polish such as Klasse AIO or Poorboys Polish. I've also had good results removing "Sharpie Permanent Marker" with GooGone liquid. Then be sure to put a good layer of protection on it. :)

Now, about those little vandals with the markers . . . :mad:

Congratulations to your sister on her new van, will you be caring for it? :)

supercharged
12-14-2006, 10:19 AM
I had luck removing permanet marker from paint with rubbing alcohol.

ryandamartini
12-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Crest Toothepaste Extra Whitening with a MF.

If not, a light polish should so it, or even clay.

NA_EG6
12-14-2006, 04:48 PM
I would try a light polish such as Klasse AIO or Poorboys Polish. I've also had good results removing "Sharpie Permanent Marker" with GooGone liquid. Then be sure to put a good layer of protection on it. :)

Now, about those little vandals with the markers . . . :mad:

Congratulations to your sister on her new van, will you be caring for it? :)

Thanks for the replies people....appreciated...

and no...she will be doing this herself or she might have her husband do it since they live about an hour an a half away....im pretty much new here so i have a Newbie question....whats AIO???i remember reading a thread saying what it stand for but i forgot....thanks again peeps....oh yea....what kind of protection do you recommend?

quantim0
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Klasse All-In-One, great stuff.

NA_EG6
12-14-2006, 06:17 PM
Klasse All-In-One, great stuff.

haha....there you go....

now, can i find this at the local autozone???or where can i get this stuff???because i was kindda reading on it and it says that its imported from germany....

quantim0
12-14-2006, 06:19 PM
you could try http://www.autogeek.net

NA_EG6
12-14-2006, 06:25 PM
you could try http://www.autogeek.net

DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING THAT CA BE PURCHASE AT A STORE THAT WOULD WORK??

ScottB
12-14-2006, 07:03 PM
wd-40, goo-be-gone, and Klasse AIO

supercharged
12-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Meguiar's Scratch X or rubbing alcohol. I had my previous car vandalized, and used both to remove permanent marker.

ltoman
12-15-2006, 12:43 AM
Meguiar's Scratch X or rubbing alcohol. I had my previous car vandalized, and used both to remove permanent marker.
Oh I am sorry to hear that - that so sux.
Bad karma to whoever did that!!!!!