PDA

View Full Version : Opti-seal and Poli-seal, fantastic!

builthatch
01-04-2011, 02:03 AM
my new truck was polished and coated with several applications of opti-seal when i brought it home in late november.

unlike my previous car, i drive this thing in all weather and don't store it in the garage. we got hammered with snow right after christmas and of course they slaughtered the roads with chemicals, which lingered all week. i rinsed the truck daily, sometimes multiple times each day after driving it, especially the undercarriage. doing this over and over during the course of the week caused massive water spots on all horizontal surfaces and windows. this weekend it actually rained to rinse the roads, so i washed the truck today.

i put it in the garage and hit the paint and windows with a white pad and poli-seal on my DA on speed 6...and a green cyclo 4" pad where spaced deemed it necessary. 4 pea sized dots on each pad. after one pass on most panels, the spots were completely gone, revealing the refined finish i had before the storm.

so, as dr. david told me a couple years ago, opti-seal does indeed trap the water spots and using poli-seal deletes them and re-lays the protection.

i decided to top with opti-seal again since it's in my garage and so clean, but typically i don't do that after using poli-seal. i either leave it alone after poli-seal or i prefer a IPA wiped polished surface before opti-seal but we'll see how this works.

BobbyG
01-04-2011, 07:22 AM
Optimum makes some great products and Optimum Poli-Seal is a great product. When I first tried it I was really surprised how easy it was to apply and it buffed of just as easy.

Protection is another one of those qualities that Optimum is noted for and Poli-Seal lasts and lasts! :props:

Marc08EX
01-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Would you guys say that poli-seal has the durability of a paint sealant like powerlock?