PDA

View Full Version : 5 year Ultra Glaze

Jason 79
01-04-2011, 12:51 AM
I recieved a bottle of 5 year Ultra Glaze for christmas and I was wondering if i could get some reviews on the product.

Matt
01-04-2011, 01:56 AM
I think you would be good for a review for this since u have just received the product.

CEE DOG
01-04-2011, 06:29 AM
Welcome to AutoGeek!
(Unless you are spam)

This looks like phony baloney to me... I googled it and the site it sent me to had this as its only testimonial along with some other equally bs looking information...

Testimonials:
"After deciding to show my car one Sunday, we drove to the show area. My car was dirty and needed work. With 20 minutes before judging started we used Ultra Glaze and took 1st place in the show." - Dave C., Denver, CO

Of course the way those shows are judged maybe that part is true.

I don't think I would post a review here for that product. Unless I'm missing something I don't think it is sold here.

Take care Jason

Flash Gordon
01-04-2011, 06:38 AM
5 year glaze...lol...your a funny guy. Welcome to AG Jason Im the MAN

phillystyle
01-04-2011, 07:27 AM
spam:nomore:

BobbyG
01-04-2011, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=Jason 79;402487]I recieved a bottle of 5 year Ultra Glaze for christmas and I was

Post your thoughts and some photos of before and after results otherwise everyone will think advertising a non Autogeek product here will be considered SPAM.

Ball's in your court Jason.

Jason 79
01-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback..yeah right. I'm not advertising this product and it's not spam. I've been detailing cars for 10 years plus professionally so i know that there is no product made that can last 5 years. I was hoping someone had tried it and could give me their opinion about it.

Mike Phillips
01-04-2011, 11:04 AM
I received a bottle of 5 year Ultra Glaze for Christmas and I was wondering if i could get some reviews on the product.

Since this is your first post here,

Welcome to Autogeek Online! :welcome:

This forum is primarily for the discussion of the product sold via the We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.Autogeek.net) store, basically the forum provides how-to information for the thousands of products we offer as well as customer support in all it's dimensions.

Not sure how much you participate in "Discussion Forums" but often times when a brand new member brings up a *new* product, it can be suspect as the person being a Spammer trying to create awareness for the product and even sales.

That said, it's also common for someone to receive a gift, do a Google search and find a top quality discussion forum like www.AutogeekOnline.net (http://www.AutogeekOnline.net) then join and look for help and information.

We do our best to provide help for everyone.

Lots of "Miracle" products are always being introduced to the market, the Internet makes it possible for just about anyone to start a business and that includes car waxes and paint sealants.

Any product that claims to last more than a year is usually going to be looked at as a gimmick product because the majority of products available to the public just don't last that long and the people that would sell a product like a 5 year car wax are targeting people that just don't know a lot about the basics of car detailing.

Here's a few questions...

What kind of car do you have that you normally wash and wax?
What products have you used on it in the past?
What condition is the paint in right now?
Do you own any kind of machine polisher?

The product you've been given may be a good quality product, it's likely not going to last 5 years, that is it's likely you're not going to be able to wash your car and then apply this product and it will restore a like, new showroom finish and then keep your car looking like that year after year with no other intervention if the car in question is a "Daily Driver" exposed to the elements, normal wear-n-tear and repeated car washing.

But you can try and everyone here would love to see some great before and after pictures...

Before you apply this product, it's normally a good idea to wash your car thoroughly, and then check your car's paint for what we call,

Above Surface Bonded Contaminants

These are airborne contaminants like pollution, overspray paint, industrial fallout, tree sap mist, etc. and it gives your paint a rough feel to it and if your car's paint does in fact have above surface bonded contaminants, it will prevent your 5 year Ultra Glaze from properly bonding to the paint.

Try the Baggie Test after washing and drying your car...

The Baggie Test - How to inspect for above surface bonded contaminants (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/27967-baggie-test-how-inspect-above-surface-bonded-contaminants.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/858/PaintCleaningByHand022.jpg

If you feel bumps on your car's paint, then at a minimum you'll want to use some detailing clay first to restore a clean and smooth surface and we can help you with that.

:)

Mike Phillips
01-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Wow! Thanks for all the positive feedback..yeah right. I'm not advertising this product and it's not spam. I've been detailing cars for 10 years plus professionally so i know that there is no product made that can last 5 years. I was hoping someone had tried it and could give me their opinion about it.

I posted my above post while you were adding yours...

Please read what I wrote, if you're new to detailing "discussion forums", it is normal to see a post like yours only to have it be Spam.

As to your questions, I have not tried this product, so I cannot offer my opinion on it.

This is a friendly and helpful forum as hundreds of thousands of posts document...

What do you normally use for your LSP or Last Step Product after restoring the paint on a car?

Maybe do some side by side testing with the product you received as a gift?

:)

Flash Gordon
01-04-2011, 11:18 AM

Sorry Jason. This was the first post of the morning I looked at. Every Glaze I've ever used vanishes on the first wash

Welcome and please except my apology

Yours Truly,

Flash

Jason 79
01-04-2011, 12:01 PM
I apologize for my hostility in my earlier post. Thank you Mike

CEE DOG
01-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Jason, if my post somehow offended you I apologize. It didn't seem to be worded offensively to me. Sorry I haven't tried it and can't offer any opinion.