PDA

View Full Version : Giveaway for those of you who haven't won!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DLB
01-03-2011, 07:54 PM
This is for all those people who have never won a giveaway here at AG.
Since I just won the Christmas wish list, I want to pay it back to some of my deserving AG friends.

The prizes:
1st Place get's the choice of the following 2:
New 12oz. Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2137_61736795

For EVERYONE with that uses polishing pads, I think this should be a staple product. It makes deep cleaning quick, and is effective. You can easily use the same pads in 1 day with a full cleaning in between. The up side is that this stuff is about 1/10th of the cost of a pad washer. That makes it great for those who only machine polish every so often, not daily.

Before:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/b5.JPG

After:
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/a5.JPG

An 8oz. sample of Meguiars Paint Reconditioning Cream D151.
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2139_81959402

This product gets a little more discussion than the pad cleaner, so I will just let you do a search if you don't know of it's capabilities.

2nd Place get's the other gift.

So for the person that almost won, you win this time still!

The rules:
To be eligible you must not have won an AG giveaway. I hope everyone enters on the honor system, but I may check the winners against the old contests just to make sure no one is cheating. Play nice.

Also to qualify, you must have at least 50 posts here at AG prior to this one. Sorry guys that just joined. Put in a little time and you will win your contest.

The contest:
What's your New Year's Resolution? Whichever one I like best, will be the winner. The second prize will be chosen at random by RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service (http://www.random.org/) with the number of eligible posts, and your post number being your number.

Posts must be submitted by Friday @ 8:00PM, winner will be selected soon after that.

That's it. I know this isn't near as grand as AG's giveaways, but I use all the products I buy, I don't hoard like Cor..err, Tad...err, nevermind.

Good luck.

DLB

slickooz
01-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Very nice of you for sharing! :props:

Good luck to the winners!!! I can't sign up for this I was lucky enough to win 2 giveaway.

What did you do after you spray it onto the pad? Clean on the fly?

hyu
01-03-2011, 08:28 PM
I must be using my pad cleaner wrong. How do you get all the stains out?

On a sidenote I have over 50 posts =o
New Years Resolution: Go back to school and changing my major (RN to RT) possibly buying another Condo and renting it out, and last but not least detailing more cars on the side =o

NoleFan
01-03-2011, 08:38 PM
People on this site never fail to surprise me! This is STAND UP of you DLB. I just knew I wasn't going to be eligible for this one as I didn't think I had 50 posts yet, but I do.

And for my New Years Res, it was going to be to quit smoking, but I actually quit August 13th, so I will soon be at 5 months. My new resolution is to watch my language/cursing and do away with it as best as I can, as my wife and I are trying to have a baby, and he/she doesn't need to be exposed to it.

Best of luck everyone!

wewefirex2x
01-03-2011, 09:22 PM
Damn, I guess I am a LOSER!!!

zliegen
01-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I try to enter in the giveaways but I've never been lucky enough :D

My new years resolution is to finish up my schooling and get hired into a shop before the next new year. Also, to be more considerate and helpful to anyone whenever its needed.

Cheers to all!

DLB
01-03-2011, 10:02 PM
Damn, I guess I am a LOSER!!!
Dude - you've been a member for 4+ years! You have to win the LURKER AWARD! :D

As for the pad cleaner, I usually just liberally spray a pad I have finished with, set it on a shelf in the garage, then keep spraying it every hour or so until I get around to washing it out under the running hot sink water. Scrub with a tooth brush (David F. would be proud). Very rarely do I immediately spray and go rinse, I let it "soak" for a while (get the face totally wet with the spray, then just spritz it after that). All my pads still look great except for the pieces of foam missing from the older ones, etc.

DLB

Black Car
01-04-2011, 12:21 PM
slickooz, dude you've been here since November and won 2 giveaways!!! holy smokes that is crazy.

I would love to win either one of those products. I just ordered the flex with a little price match help from Dwayne. According to the tracking it will be here this Thursday!

As for my resolution...I am going to start smoking more often. This 1 pack a week thing just isn't cutting it.

Crazy Amos
01-04-2011, 12:38 PM
This is a pretty cool thing you are doing DLB, thank you!

I don't really have any resolutions per say, just goals if those count?

First and foremost, I WILL be the best possible father for my 9 1/2 month old daughter, she is absolutly everything to me and she always comes first. I say that not trying to be sappy or whatever, but because my wife and I have been very busy for the past few months with the holidays, her schooling and me trying to get my detailing business fluidly moving while working 50 hours a week. Its hard to squeeze EVERYTHING that needs to be done into a day, but I always make time to play with her and spend time with my wife. My goal is to continue that.

Second. Have my detailing/conditioning business completely legitimate by March and have 3 customers on at least a monthly maintenance plan.

Third. Make it to Detail Fest!

Thanks again DLB!

snowking724
01-04-2011, 12:41 PM
slickooz, dude you've been here since November and won 2 giveaways!!! holy smokes that is crazy.

I would love to win either one of those products. I just ordered the flex with a little price match help from Dwayne. According to the tracking it will be here this Thursday!

As for my resolution...I am going to start smoking more often. This 1 pack a week thing just isn't cutting it.

Nice, I had a cig on friday so I could quit for New Years.

BobbyG
01-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Since I've won nothing but the air I breath;

My New Years resolution.

To be the kind of person I've always been; to lead by example and to teach others my skills.
Continue to fly my nations flag proudly,
Help and defend those in need especially the ones unable to.
Welcome those home that have been away for a long, long time.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.gif

Black Car
01-04-2011, 01:14 PM
resolution #2
Trying to keep my AG orders down to once a month. Talk about setting yourself up for failure.

James K
01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
This is awesome of you. I can't play, I just wanted to say thanks anyways.

rwright
01-04-2011, 01:20 PM
If DLB approves my request, I have something to add...

Shawn T.
01-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Yay! I love not winning those other giveaways!

Thanks for the opportunity! That D151 is glaring at me....

My new years resolution..............

to continue my research of the developing adolescent mind and how it is negatively effected by the recent rise of teen pop stars (you've all heard of them, Justin Bieber for example). I am currently using Jungian psychological theory coupled with David Elkind's cognitive developmental theories as my lenses.

to continue being the best that I can be.

to continue to improve at my summer counselor job (counselor to 2nd graders for 3 years). Yes, children are important to me hence my position as a child rights advocate. Not very "manly" but I don't care.

to get a girlfriend.

I think thats about it.