PDA

View Full Version : Daily Driver: Quick Detail Alternative

Pages : [1] 2

OklaU
01-02-2011, 04:57 PM
2 Part Question:

Part 1

I have a 2008 black silverado that is a daily driver. I like to keep it clean but I feel that I might be wasting more money than I should be.

I have been using Megs Quick Detail Mist (16oz) which I purchase at Wal-Mart for about $5ish. Is there a product that is just as good AND cheaper? I'll almost go through 1/2 a bottle in one cleaning.

Part 2

DP Waterless. I see that there is a 128oz of DP Waterless for $19.99 on this site. I also see that there is the concentrate of 128oz for $29.99. It says that the concentrate makes four 32oz bottles worth. If that's the case, what's the difference between that and the 128oz of the non-concentrate?!?

Dubbin1
01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
2 Part Question:

Part 1

I have a 2008 black silverado that is a daily driver. I like to keep it clean but I feel that I might be wasting more money than I should be.

I have been using Megs Quick Detail Mist (16oz) which I purchase at Wal-Mart for about $5ish. Is there a product that is just as good AND cheaper? I'll almost go through 1/2 a bottle in one cleaning.

Part 2

DP Waterless. I see that there is a 128oz of DP Waterless for $19.99 on this site. I also see that there is the concentrate of 128oz for $29.99. It says that the concentrate makes four 32oz bottles worth. If that's the case, what's the difference between that and the 128oz of the non-concentrate?!?

You're using WAY too much product if you go through that much in one wipe down.

Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate is the way to go. 1 bottle will make 5.5gal of product.

fairlady350z
01-02-2011, 05:18 PM
2 Part Question:

Part 1

Part 2

part 1:
try using less product

part 2:
I think it's a typo because it says to dilute to a 3:1 for the concentrate...

OklaU
01-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate is the way to go. 1 bottle will make 5.5gal of product.

This will make 5.5 Gallons? If so...whoa! Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

Fairlady...so with a 3:1 ratio means it will make 3 gallons w/ 128oz?

Sorry if I sound stupid...just a little green!

05xrunner
01-02-2011, 06:02 PM
yikes 1/2 bottle in one use..a 16oz bottle of QD probably last me about 15 wipes downs of the car..You can get the Ultima WaterLess wash and dilute it and get alot more..or the Opti-Clean and dilute it as well

fairlady350z
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM
This will make 5.5 Gallons? If so...whoa! Ultima Waterless Wash Plus+ Concentrate, concentrated waterless auto wash, waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-waterless-wash-concentrate.html)

correct me if I'm wrong but you mix 3 gallons water with 1 gallon waterless wash, which gives you a total of 4 gallons of diluted product

BobbyG
01-02-2011, 06:35 PM
correct me if I'm wrong but you mix 3 gallons water with 1 gallon waterless wash, which gives you a total of 4 gallons of diluted product

So, you're going to get all technical on us now huh? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

3+1 does = 4!

ScottB
01-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Optimum No Rinse is another great product.

zliegen
01-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Optimum No Rinse or Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. Period.

If you don't already have Optimum No Rinse you're going to want it eventually for rinseless washes probably though :D

Its cheaper to do rinseless washes with ONR than it is with the Ultima, but since this thread is about Quick detailers:

Ultima Waterless Wash is the better quick detailer and better waterless wash (ONR is not recommended for waterless wash use).

16oz Ultima makes 5.5 Gallons of Quick Detailer/Waterless wash product.
$3.45 per gallon

32oz ONR makes 4 Gallons of Quick Detailer or 32 rinseless washes
$4 per gallon

I feel like Ultima works better as a QD and leaves the surface feeling slicker (just my opinion) also it smells amazing. Both are very cheap compared to traditional quick detailers.

conthedon
01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
2 Part Question:

Part 1

Part 2

I would stand by using Optimum No Rinse 1 gallon ($40). I use it and it has multiple uses, a quick detailer, clay lube, and wash. The wash alone leaves it looking like you just used a quick detailer as it leaves the car looking glossy. I use it to clay and wash. I use their quick detailer concentrate since I'm a sucker for it and it smells like bubble gum. So you either can use Optimum no rinse which 8oz can be mixed with 1 gallon of water and that will last you for a while. Or can buy 32oz concentrate which dilutes 1 part concentrate 3 parts water for $20.

:detailer:

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 11:24 PM
You're using WAY too much product if you go through that much in one wipe down.

I 100% agree with D! I have tried them all and UWW+ is tops. The DP gallon conc. makes 4 gallons. It is excellent but costs 3X more than UWW+ and IMO UWW+ wins by a nose!

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 11:28 PM

UWW+ makes 22oz per 1/2 oz.. The 16 oz bottle makes 5.5 gallons and costs $19!

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Optimum No Rinse or Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate. Period.

If you don't already have Optimum No Rinse you're going to want it eventually for rinseless washes probably though :D

Its cheaper to do rinseless washes with ONR than it is with the Ultima, but since this thread is about Quick detailers:

Ultima Waterless Wash is the better quick detailer and better waterless wash (ONR is not recommended for waterless wash use).

16oz Ultima makes 5.5 Gallons of Quick Detailer/Waterless wash product.
$3.45 per gallon

32oz ONR makes 4 Gallons of Quick Detailer or 32 rinseless washes
$4 per gallon

I feel like Ultima works better as a QD and leaves the surface feeling slicker (just my opinion) also it smells amazing. Both are very cheap compared to traditional quick detailers.
I share your opinions.

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 11:54 PM
Corey would be so proud! Very well stated. I 100% agree!

Shane731
01-03-2011, 12:26 AM
If you want a waterless wash, Ultima Waterless Wash Plus, Opti-Clean, and the new DP Waterless Wash Concentrate are all great choices. If you want a relatively cheap and effective quick detailer, Meguiar's Last Touch is a great product. $17 for a gallon, which means you can get 8 16 oz. bottles from a gallon for around $2.13 per bottle. :xyxthumbs: