PDA

View Full Version : How new is the Griot's 3"

dbbrooks
01-02-2011, 11:05 AM
I've been mulling over which polisher to get for some time. Most discussions I've been reading rate the Griot's 3" as a little weak but now I see that there's anew and improved model. Is it new and improved? Anyone try this new more powerful second gen machine?Feed back please

Gunslinger
01-02-2011, 11:27 AM
I have the new model...it's a good piece for smaller, more hard to reach areas, or something like a motorcycle gas tank...items that a full size unit can't do as well on.

I use it for mirrors and under the front end where space is limited. It does fine but don't mistake it as the equal of a 6" orbital. It's another tool that does well...not as your prime tool for polishing, but it certainly has its place.

I never had Griot's previous generation 3", so I can't comment on how much better it might be.

WRAPT C5Z06
01-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I had the new one, sucks, IMO. Way too weak...

daveinsweethome
01-02-2011, 01:54 PM
i have owned both. the first one was indeed weak. the second new one is more powerful but for some reason i just dont care for it. never seem to grab it for more intricate work instead use a meguiars with 3 inch pad instead.

dbbrooks
01-02-2011, 01:57 PM
i have owned both. the first one was indeed weak. the second new one is more powerful but for some reason i just dont care for it. never seem to grab it for more intricate work instead use a meguiars with 3 inch pad instead.

One of my other options was to use my xp7424 for the little stuff and get a 3401 for the main work. Where did you get a backing plate for the three inch? Lake Country only offers 4".

Flash Gordon
01-02-2011, 04:33 PM
One of my other options was to use my xp7424 for the little stuff and get a 3401 for the main work. Where did you get a backing plate for the three inch? Lake Country only offers 4".

I believe AG sells these for the 7424. If not, I can shoot you in the right direction via PM