PDA

View Full Version : Pre soak

Pages : [1] 2

Jeff120
01-01-2011, 08:22 PM
I have been using Poorboys bug squash as a pre soak on salt and very dirty areas this winter. I diluted it about 3:1 and it doesnt strip wax. I was wondering what else I could use that also wont strip wax used as a pre soak before washing. Poorboys is good but its getting a little $$$ as I use a good amount per wash.

dougaross
01-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Surf City Grime Destroyer -I find 1:1 dilution gives a better srpay

BobbyG
01-02-2011, 07:58 AM
In the past I've mixed up some regular car wash solution, poured it in my garden sprayer and sprayed down the area I intend to wash. This works well and really softens the dirt and debris.

Nothing Hi-Tech but it works well and it's cheep...

Setec Astronomy
01-02-2011, 08:25 AM
I don't know where you're located, but many of us up north are pretty much confined to rinseless wash during the winter, and generally presoak heavily soiled areas by spraying with the rinseless wash. The newer waterless washes would seem to also be a good choice for that.

ScottB
01-02-2011, 01:41 PM
P21S Total Wash or Optimums Opticlean.

I find a foamgun and car soap also works well to presoak before washing. Allows the emulsifiers and such in soap to start lifting and removing dirt as possible.

BobbyG
01-02-2011, 01:47 PM
P21S Total Wash or Optimums Opticlean.

I find a foamgun and car soap also works well to presoak before washing. Allows the emulsifiers and such in soap to start lifting and removing dirt as possible.

Good point Scott!

I was speaking personally and should have looked a little further than my own yard! :doh:

Living up North all my hoses and paraphernalia are away for the winter so a hose isn't an option. I could of course drag everything out and do exactly as you said as it would be much more effective.

A foam gun is ideal for a presoak as it softens and dissolves debris allowing it to slide off easily.. :props:

Dubbin1
01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate for pre soaking. It works great and the price can't be beat.

rwright
01-02-2011, 02:06 PM
As mentioned, if you don't want to strip wax use a mix of soap and water or a waterless/rinseless wash solution. The new DP Waterless wash and Ultima Waterless Wash concentrates are a good buy. Considering how little product is used, I think you will agree to the cost/use factor.

Bunky
01-02-2011, 07:29 PM
I use Ultima Waterless Wash Plus Concentrate for pre soaking. It works great and the price can't be beat.

Do you dilute it before spraying?

Dubbin1
01-02-2011, 08:04 PM

Well of course I did.

zliegen
01-02-2011, 08:12 PM
:iagree: For ONR washes its the bomb as pre-soak. It seems slightly slicker than ONR QD as pre-soak in my opinion.

For baked on bugs I've used ARO and liked it alright but that's all, I'm sure there must be something cheaper/better for the really tough stuff, or maybe not??

Jeff120
01-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, Ill try mixing some soap solution and rinseless wash. Ill let you know how it works compare to the PB bug squash.

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 10:42 PM
I don't know where you're located, but many of us up north are pretty much confined to rinseless wash during the winter, and generally presoak heavily soiled areas by spraying with the rinseless wash. The newer waterless washes would seem to also be a good choice for that.
I have a garden sprayer with Opti Clean, UWW+ would be even cheaper @ $3.50 per gallon.

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Amen D! Have you tried a garden sprayer with it yet?

Old Tiger
01-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Al, the concentrate is the only way to go. A 1/2 oz portion makes 22 oz of full strength UWW+. 16 oz costs $19. Amazing value and IMO it is best in class too!