PDA

View Full Version : Bumper and trim?

retbchboy
12-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I’m new here, so please excuse my lack of knowledge. I would first like to thank the many posters here for all that I have learned. You all are great.

First the bumper.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/retbchboy/clip_image002.jpg

Mine seems to be some type of plastic. Do you treat that the same way as the body, (wash, clay, polish, seal, wax)?

Next to the side panels.
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/retbchboy/clip_image003.jpg
I’ve been using 303. Do you seal or wax yours?

Thanks so much and expect more questions

Mark

ryandamartini
12-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Good move on using the 303, great stuff.

I protect/dress my plastic and black pieces, but do not seal/wax them. Is your bumper painted or just black plastic? I was kinda thrown off there! :p

If it is in fact plastic, 303 will work great on it as well :)
If painted, treat it like any other surface.

-Ryan

retbchboy
12-13-2006, 03:55 PM
I’m feeling kind of dumb here but I assume its painted plastic
I grew up in the chrome bumper days

Mark

abrcrombe
12-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Dang that is a nice car... I'm pretty sure it is painted, so just treat it like everything else...
do you really think a car of that caliber would not have a painted bumper? (or maybe I'm stupid)

retbchboy
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Dang that is a nice car... I'm pretty sure it is painted, so just treat it like everything else...
do you really think a car of that caliber would not have a painted bumper? (or maybe I'm stupid)

Thanks, its one incredible machine. I’m looking forward to taking care of it. It’s like stress relief.
On the painted bumper part I feel kind of stupid but I don’t know what they make these things out of. It does look nice though and I want to keep it that way.

Mark

ryandamartini
12-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Thanks, its one incredible machine. I’m looking forward to taking care of it. It’s like stress relief.
On the painted bumper part I feel kind of stupid but I don’t know what they make these things out of. It does look nice though and I want to keep it that way.

Mark

for that rover, look for a clear bra installer. It will protect your bumper and front of your nice rover against rock chips and bugs.

My next vehicle will most definately have one. The best way to find a good isntaller that I have found is by local car clubs / shows.

Good Luck!

-Ryan

ps: for that black, go buy some couveran! :D

Nica
12-13-2006, 11:21 PM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q131/retbchboy/clip_image002.jpg

Mark

Dang boy you got a sweet looking ride Im the MAN

I test drove one, but my wife wouldn't let me buy it so we got the Lexus GX470...um...wife is telling me to say "I love my Lexus" hahaha...nothing wrong with a Lexus :D

DS Detailer
12-13-2006, 11:24 PM
Soruaven would look amazing on that.

the bumper is painted plastic, treat it like the body... Don't wax the side panels, jsut stick with 303.

retbchboy
12-14-2006, 12:22 PM
Dang boy you got a sweet looking ride

I test drove one, but my wife wouldn't let me buy it so we got the Lexus GX470...um...wife is telling me to say "I love my Lexus" hahaha...nothing wrong with a Lexus :D

Thanks!!!

My wife drives the RX 330 and I've owned an LS & SC myself, definitely great cars. I even my eyes on the new LS460L but once I drove this car there was no going back.