PDA

View Full Version : Broad Finish Kare Question

BobbyG
12-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Today the big brown truck dropped off another order and included was a sample of Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine.

I washed my truck using DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and I've got to tell you it looked great! After wiping it dry I decided to try out the Finish Kare 425 and was really impressed with it as well.

Where am I going with this?

I hear allot of your guys mention the Finish Kare line and I've really like to hear more about it.

What do you use?
How do you like it?
How does it compare with other like products?

I also never see them on buy-one-get-one or on sale which is sort of odd......

Any comments, personal experience, or opinions welcome! :props:

Thanks in advance!

Mister B
12-30-2010, 08:17 PM
The only Finish Kare product that I have used is FK-425 and I absolutely love it.

jlb85
12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
FK425 is one of the most lustrous of QDs. It works great 100%, and if you have a difficult black you can dilute it just a little and it stops streaking. Lasts good too. We have a gallon of the stuff!

I also use #1119 quite a lot. It is great for messy door jambs, the painted underside of the hood, and other instances I want a stronger degreaser than Meg's SD. It rinses easy with water, ONR mixture, or wipe dry and clear. Top with #425 and as KC would say: ta da!

I tried their acid based SIRR to attack some very hard mineral deposits around the moldings of a Denali recently. I worked better than expected, and felt actually quite "safe" to the paint. Use good gloves and a respirator, though.

kona6
12-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Today the big brown truck dropped off another order and included was a sample of Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final Body Shine.

I washed my truck using DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and I've got to tell you it looked great! After wiping it dry I decided to try out the Finish Kare 425 and was really impressed with it as well.

Where am I going with this?

I hear allot of your guys mention the Finish Kare line and I've really like to hear more about it.

What do you use?
How do you like it?
How does it compare with other like products?
I also never see them on buy-one-get-one or on sale which is sort of odd......

Any comments, personal experience, or opinions welcome! :props:

Thanks in advance!

The FK line is one of my favorites I've used the following:

FK 425- one of the very best qder- IMHO. I have used OPT, Ultima, Mothers Reflections and Griots Speed Shine-another favorite, but perfer the "look" of 425.

FK 1000P paste sealant-excellent durability and gloss, its currently my favorite LSP, only con it doen't have alot of depth. Used Opti-seal/ OPT carwax, Natty Red, Poorboys EX-P and EX, Four Star spraywax, the FK 1000p is just bullet proof aganist the elements while giving a great shine/gloss wash after wash.

FK Top Kote Protectant- solid dressing for interior/exterior trim/tires. I prefer Ultima for sealing interior/exterior trim.

FK AIO- very good all in one cleaner/wax, I haven't any tried others for comparison.

FK 118 Shampoo- my favorite carwash, great cleaning ability but won't strip your wax. Tried Optimum Carwash, Megs Gold Class, much prefer the 118.

Most FK products are anti-static which helps keep the dust down, overall a very solid detail line.

BobbyG
12-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback!

sal329
12-31-2010, 09:54 PM
FK a great QD as you already know
FK 1000p is a great long lasting sealant, just remember thin is in, apply thin and wait till it passes the "swipe" test
FK 215 is a great AIO, little cut but great cleaning and great look, not sure how long it lasts as I always top AIO with a sealant of some sort
Pink Wax is a great looking wax that has good durability
FK 2180 is a good sealant, use it with a DA and you will see the first round seems to absorb into the paint, 3 coats looks good and lasts a good 5-6 months
FK 1118 Car soap is a great maint soap cleans well and does not strip wax
FK 1119 is a good APC especially for interior use
FK 108 is a great interior dressing also good on tires
Forgot the # but the glass cleaner is also a great product

ScottB
01-01-2011, 05:30 AM
There are several good to great products in this line. 146 is good, but 425 is nicer. The wax hybrid (can with shark) is quite nice and durable. The sealant (1000p) is quite nice also.

agstacker
01-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I noticed the FK425 and DP rinseless wash & gloss liquids look and smell very similar. Did you see that too Bobby?

Dubbin1
01-01-2011, 11:31 AM
I noticed the FK425 and DP rinseless wash & gloss liquids look and smell very similar. Did you see that too Bobby?

They may be close in color but they don't smell anything alike.

BobbyG
01-01-2011, 01:09 PM

No I didn't, thank for bringing it to my attention!

Thanks again for all the feedback!

Pats300zx
01-01-2011, 04:29 PM
FK425 is probably my fav QD of all time.

02CAMSS
01-01-2011, 06:02 PM
FK 425. I love it and have not found its equal.
FK Pink wax.If you like the looks of hybrid waxes(Fuzion,AG HD)You love pink wax and did I mention its quite durable.
FK 1000P.I have not found its equal in terms of longevity and it looks like a extra coat of clear on your car.
FK 2180.This product is a good base for the two above noted products and sheets water great the only draw back is you need a few coats.