PDA

View Full Version : AIO Optimum & XMT

SATracker
12-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I decided to give my RAV4 a winter AIO; I tried Optimum Poli-Seal & XMT. I preferred the Optimum, but in a blind test I'm not sure could them apart. Attached are some pictures. Picture 1 is Poli-Seal, picture 2 is XMT, picture 3 is Poli-Seal.

Chris Thomas
12-30-2010, 12:06 AM
I've used both and like both. Edge to Poliseal for easy application and killer looks but 360 has abrasives if you need some correction and not just cleaning. Top either with a couple of coats of Optiseal to make your neighbors drool.

SATracker
12-30-2010, 10:26 AM
Thanks man. I need to order some more poli-seal, I'll add some opti-seal to it.

ToySupra727
12-30-2010, 05:56 PM
I haven't used optimum myself but I've used 360 on alot of customers cars followed with 180 and it looks beautiful. I haven't tried to stray away from a working product(360) just yet so I'll try optimum sometime in the future.

SATracker
12-31-2010, 12:42 AM
As I said initially, I have a preference for Optimum but in a blind test I'm not sure I could tell the difference. I need to give XMT a fair chance and compare the results. It's helpful to have the feedback from you guys. Thx

SATracker
12-31-2010, 12:49 AM
Hey IntegrityDetail (or really anybody), how does Opti-Seal compare with Wolfgang 3.0? I've used KSG, prefer Wolfgang, but still have some KSG to use up...but looking ahead, who has made a comparison of Wolfgang 3.0 & Opti-Seal?

tuscarora dave
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
I just recently tried Poli-Seal and liked the overall look of the job it did. I used the Poli-Seal on the hood only of a silver metallic Toyota truck. I did the rest of the truck with Poorboy's PWS and noticed that the Poli-Seal really muted the metal flake. I look forward to trying the Poli-Seal out on a dark non metallic vehicle.

Chris Thomas
12-31-2010, 03:20 AM
Hey IntegrityDetail (or really anybody), how does Opti-Seal compare with Wolfgang 3.0? I've used KSG, prefer Wolfgang, but still have some KSG to use up...but looking ahead, who has made a comparison of Wolfgang 3.0 & Opti-Seal?

I haven't used 3.0 but I have KSG. KSG looks good and is very durable but I hate using it after I tried Optiseal. I can OS my car in 10 minutes KSG is on the shelf indefinitely.

Emm
12-31-2010, 04:20 AM
I've used both and like both. Edge to Poliseal for easy application and killer looks but 360 has abrasives if you need some correction and not just cleaning. Top either with a couple of coats of Optiseal to make your neighbors drool.

Poliseal also has abrasives in it.

ToySupra727
12-31-2010, 08:45 AM
I guess what needs to be done is to see which of these corrects slightly more than the other... Although optimum says it "lightly" corrects I would actually like to see how much it actually can correct!

Emm
12-31-2010, 09:14 AM
I guess what needs to be done is to see which of these corrects slightly more than the other... Although optimum says it "lightly" corrects I would actually like to see how much it actually can correct!

The last 3 AIO's that I did were with Optimum and it corrected minor swirls in all 3. I haven't used XMT yet, although I did recieve it in my last order and I will use it the next chance I get. You had good results with XMT and correction with it?

ToySupra727
12-31-2010, 10:44 AM
The last 3 AIO's that I did were with Optimum and it corrected minor swirls in all 3. I haven't used XMT yet, although I did recieve it in my last order and I will use it the next chance I get. You had good results with XMT and correction with it?

Yes I've had good results with xmt. Most noticeable was on a dark metallic green car a customer recently purchased. The lot he bought the car from uses those harsh brushes to wash vehicles so needless to say every little mark was visible.
Customer didn't want full blown correction @ the time as I would need to keep it for the weekend for wet sanding etc etc. So we did a basic washNwax and I used xmt360 then topped it with 180. It was a night and day difference. It diminished about 80% of the fine scratching and swirling.
Wish I would have gotten pictures. It was a beautiful turn around! You may need to work the XMT a little longer than the others but once you get the hang of how it corrects it'll get easier each time.

Chris Thomas
12-31-2010, 01:35 PM
Poliseal also has abrasives in it.

I know, it has about half the cut of Optimum Polish II, but I see a lot more chemical cleaning from it and a more mechanical cleaning from XMT...that's all I meant.

I usually get about 40-50% swirl correction from PoliSeal...maybe more with my Flex, but the gloss factor and stuff it brings off the paint gives it the wow factor.

Dubbin1
12-31-2010, 01:42 PM
Poli-Seal is an awesome product, I have had no interest in trying any other AIO after using it for the first time. Its really hard to beat the price for the way the paint looks when done.

ToySupra727
12-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Sounds good suppose I'll throw some in the next order!