PDA

View Full Version : "con"-fuzion - wolfgang Fuzion application and removal

Pages : [1] 2

mg6045
12-28-2010, 03:32 PM
I have been playing around a little bit with the wolfgang Fuzion wax. I have 2 jars of it. 1 sample size and 1 full size tub. I am looking to get the application , wait time and removal down pat in my spare time. (sample size was purchased to be applied with my PC later down the road, as I would not like to drop the estate sized piece of wax on the floor while rubbing it on my foam buffing pad)

I tried 2 different sections. Both panels have been properly prepped and de-greased. Was was applied in a thin layer with even coverage.

1st section - I applied the wax, than removed it before it dried (or hazed), as per instructions. the wax was for sure not hazed, but it still came off very easily. When i felt the panel with the back of my hand, there was no "just waxed" slick feeling. Which made me questions this application method.

2nd panel - I applied the wax, waited about 7 minutes, but the wax never really fully set up like a traditional wax. at the 10 minute mark, I removed it. This time when i felt the panel with the back of my hand, the surface was fairly slick.

now, I came back 30 minutes later, and both panels feel a much slicker than they originally did after application. making me believe that the wax is still setting up.

Which leads me here. I searched through this entire forum section, and did not see anyone with a similar question as to mine.

My question is, can anyone explain to me the best way to apply this wax ? and is there any noticeable difference in looks and durability if I was to stray away from the recommended instructions on the tub and let the wax sit for 10 or 15 minutes or so ? If not, I will just stick to the WOWO method.

How are you guys with a lot of experience with this wax, applying and removing it ?

thank you.

Spicy McHaggis
12-28-2010, 03:40 PM
I know it may not make a diffrence but I don't WOWO anything, even if is says to. I always let waxes and sealants set up or haze. I don't know if it's needed but it makes me feel batter, and I haven't noticed any adverse side effects.

08 300C
12-28-2010, 03:46 PM
I have used Fuzion exclusively for 2 and a half years using the Wipe On Wipe Off directions on the Jar with no issues, great protection and a very nice shine, I do use the WG 3.0 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant once a year as well before using Fuzion. Not sure why you’d want to wait any longer than you have to, I believe the difference in feelings you experienced was do to the solvents flashing off.

rwright
12-28-2010, 03:49 PM
I too have tried different methods of application/removal and didn't see much of a difference. You are going to notice the slickness the next day after the polymers have had time to set up. That's where this wax is different than most but similar to products of equal nature. I'm not a scientist or chemist, but to me it appears that products heavily fortified with polymers take on a slicker feeling when the polymers have had time to crosslink (usually 12 hours unless accelerated).

*I'm open to correction

Spicy McHaggis
12-28-2010, 03:53 PM
I have used Fuzion exclusively for 2 and a half years using the Wipe On Wipe Off directions on the Jar with no issues, great protection and a very nice shine, I do use the WG 3.0 Deep Gloss Paint Sealant once a year as well before using Fuzion. Not sure why you’d want to wait any longer than you have to, I believe the difference in feelings you experienced was do to the solvents flashing off.
I can get other stuff done while I wait for wax or sealant to haze. I'm not saying I sit there and watch it haze and do nothing else. Like I said I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but I know it doesn't hurt anything.

Dr Oldz
12-28-2010, 04:07 PM
The difference you are feeling is the polymers bonding to the surface of your paint. It takes most sealants 12 hours to fully bond to the paint after being buffed off! Most sealants feel slicker after the 12 hour curing time in my opinion! This bonding time is why they tell you not to get the vehicle wet or layer on top of the sealant till the product is fully cured!

Dubbin1
12-28-2010, 04:18 PM
The difference you are feeling is the polymers bonding to the surface of your paint. It takes most sealants 12 hours to fully bond to the paint after being buffed off! Most sealants feel slicker after the 12 hour curing time in my opinion! This bonding time is why they tell you not to get the vehicle wet or layer on top of the sealant till the product is fully cured!

That sounds very familiar.

snowking724
12-28-2010, 04:28 PM
:poke:

mg6045
12-28-2010, 04:54 PM
hmm, thx for the response's.

These response's for some reason are making me want to test out the Pinnacle Souveran wax. That wax is a straight carnuba wax without added synthetic polymers, correct ? How does that wax behave considering its WOWO as well ? Does it have a slick feeling right after removal ?

btw, i'm using DGPS 3.0 under these products as well.

Seems like I still have a lot more testing to do with the Fuzion before I come to any conclusions. As I have a lot of it, and if it produces great results, than i'll be really happy, considering how easy it is to apply and remove.

Just to note, imo, when I top a sealant with a wax, i am used to applying a carnuba that after set up and removal, gives the feel of a rock hard coating on top of the sealant, that you can noticeably feel and watch with tight water beading.

Dr Oldz
12-28-2010, 04:58 PM

???

Rob T
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
I use Fuzion exactly as intended: wowo and it works incredibly well for me.

Bunky
12-28-2010, 06:03 PM
I have used it once..applied the entire car, then wiped off. I had no issues.

mg6045
12-28-2010, 06:17 PM
I have used it once..applied the entire car, then wiped off. I had no issues.

cool, thx. I think I will try to method first.

whats your opinion of the product from you one time use ?

mackdaddyhibble
12-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Ive used it many times,applied to entire car wiped off with no issues also. Seems like one on the easiest waxes to use for me.I think like a lot of waxes it takes a few hours or day to setup and really look its best,similar to a sealant,but well worth the wait.:dblthumb2:

bcwang
12-31-2010, 05:47 AM
Hmm, interesting that DGPS 3.0 says to avoid getting wet for 12 hours for the polymers to set up but Fuzion says no such thing. If Fuzion gets wet right after waxing will it have much poorer durability? How long to wait before it is fully set up? Since AG doesn't mention anything related to curing for this product, I always assumed it was safe to get wet immediately, but my assumption may be wrong.