PDA

View Full Version : New to menzerna and SurBuff

Pages : [1] 2

05xrunner
12-27-2010, 08:49 PM
ok..so we are going to have a warm spell this weekend..50..I am going to give my car a go over since I put it away cause I am kinda jonesing to use all my new stuff and play with it. I got some Surbuff pads the other day. I was going to use them on my flex..I also have Menz Super Finish, power finish, and 85RD..now my car was pretty much defect free when i put it away for the winter..I am wonder should I just use the 85RD with the surbuff to give it that extra gloss and just get out any little swirls that may be in the paint from little things here and there..would the 85RD and surbuff cut enough for that?

LuxuryMobile
12-27-2010, 09:11 PM
I dont think I would put a surbuff pad to a nearly flawless finish, even if it is just 85rd. Might not finish down that nicely.

Harleyguy
12-27-2010, 09:24 PM
I agree there is no reason to be so aggressive on a flawless or close to a flawless finish save them for a heavy swirled car and some 105 .

05xrunner
12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Hmmm thought the big deal with the surbuff was that it only cut as well as what your using. Everyone always talked how great they are so I bought some. Guess I will use the 85rd with a hydrotech tangerine pad

zliegen
12-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Definitely don't use surbuff for finishing. Wait until you need to get out some serious defects to use the surbuff pads!

Harleyguy
12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
Hmmm thought the big deal with the surbuff was that it only cut as well as what your using. Everyone always talked how great they are so I bought some. Guess I will use the 85rd with a hydrotech tangerine padThats a plan but i would use the crimson pad .

loudog2
12-27-2010, 09:45 PM
You know the directions say you can use them for wax application.

05xrunner
12-27-2010, 10:57 PM
So I guess I shouldnt use my surbuffs?

Thats a plan but i would use the crimson pad .
Will this give me any cut at all..I want it to be able to have just a little bit to clean up any very fine scratches..I thought the red was a no cut ability for waxes and glazes

TLMitchell
12-27-2010, 11:01 PM
ok..so we are going to have a warm spell this weekend..50..

Oughta go down to Heinz Field for the Slush Bowl. 50 degrees... perfect for an outdoor NHL game. :doh:

TL

05xrunner
12-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Dont like sports and thats one thing I hate about Pittsburgh...no matter what you turn on News, radio..NONE of them STFU about the sports teams..even off season..its the most important thing it seems..Cant stand it..Well thats more like 1 of many things I hate about pittsburgh...LOL

arenared
12-27-2010, 11:08 PM
You could try a test spot with 85RD and a HT crimson pad. If that doesn't "cut it", then you could try something more aggressive on the tangerine pad.

I found the 85RD so amazingly easy to apply/remove, it wasn't much different than a coat of wax (even if you had to do both).

05xrunner
12-27-2010, 11:10 PM
i guess I will do that...Kinda bummed about these Surbuff..i thought I read why they are sooo good was cause it was like a 1 pad system for cut levels..it would work on its ability to cut or finish with the product you used..oh well..i guess I wont have much of a need for them on my car.

SuperSport
12-27-2010, 11:58 PM
I have only played around with my Surbuff pads and they seamed pretty aggressive and I dont think I would be able to finish down with them. I would take others advice and not use them. I use 85rd with a black CCS pad for a job like you have most of the time.

Rsurfer
12-28-2010, 03:38 AM
I have only played around with my Surbuff pads and they seamed pretty aggressive and I dont think I would be able to finish down with them. I would take others advice and not use them. I use 85rd with a black CCS pad for a job like you have most of the time.
:iagree::dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
12-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Like others said, don't use the Surbuf pads on a flawless to very nice finish, they tend to leave tick marks, micro-marring, DA Haze, (whatever you like to call it), in the paint. They do cut fast but it's this feature that won't allow you to finish down to a defect free finish. Pretty much they are for correction only and must be followed up by a less aggressive foam pad.

You could try a test spot with 85RD and a HT crimson pad. If that doesn't "cut it", then you could try something more aggressive on the tangerine pad.

Stellar advice.

:xyxthumbs: