PDA

View Full Version : PC 7424XP Questions

J1nx93
12-26-2010, 05:46 PM
So, I bought a 7424 a few weeks ago. I'm trying to get ready for spring and attack my truck then. I bought XMT 360 and their 3rd swirl remover. I have SS paint on a 91' F150. So, my question is what order do I go and such? I know to use the swirl remover first after I've clay barred and everything. After I use that should I use a glaze or polish and then a sealant or both a glaze and polish? I just want to know what order to go in. I was considering Meg's #7 glaze but I wanted something that was able to be applied by polisher. So, please tell me what I should buy, a glaze or polish and when to use it?

goathead
12-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Order you'd want to go in is really most aggressive to least aggressive when working with compounds or polishes. After that it would be glaze, sealant, wax.

Now you can use either a sealant or wax as your last step or both. If you use both, it's always sealant, then wax. Good luck, you just opened Pandora's box! :D Enjoy the ride, it's a learning process.

J1nx93
12-26-2010, 06:25 PM
Order you'd want to go in is really most aggressive to least aggressive when working with compounds or polishes. After that it would be glaze, sealant, wax.

Now you can use either a sealant or wax as your last step or both. If you use both, it's always sealant, then wax. Good luck, you just opened Pandora's box! :D Enjoy the ride, it's a learning process.
Thanks man. So use my XMT 3.0 and then a glaze followed by a sealant? I have swirl remover and a sealant. I need a cheaper good wax and a good glaze. Any recommendations? I'm almost willing to buy the Liquid Souveran by Pinnacle to make it pop.

goathead
12-26-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks man. So use my XMT 3.0 and then a glaze followed by a sealant? I have swirl remover and a sealant. I need a cheaper good wax and a good glaze. Any recommendations? I'm almost willing to buy the Liquid Souveran by Pinnacle to make it pop.

No problem. Everyone seems to find what's best for them and really try different things. I haven't used the XMT line yet. I've worked with PoorBoys, ClearKote, Meguiars, Optimum, and just picked up some Pinnacle during the 12 days of Christmas here. :) As far as wax, I use ClearKote and love the look it gives. IMO, not a place you want to skimp. Spend a little more there and you'll get the look and the durability.

J1nx93
12-27-2010, 09:07 AM
I really just need to find a glaze and polish. I'm also wanting to get a good paint pre-cleaner for when I just need to wax. I was considering Pinnacle Paintworking Lotion or some Sonax Paint Cleaner. I just have no idea on the polish and glaze.

SeaJay's
12-27-2010, 11:14 AM
For a paint cleaner you can use IPA diluted. Or you can get a dedicated paint cleaners. They all work pretty well.

As for a good durable wax that isn't going to break the bank, my favorite is Collinite 845. You can apply it via your DA and it gives a great look and the durability is great. A bottle will run you about $15.

Your going to get a lot of info and different products thrown at you from everyone. As goathead said you just need to try out different products and you'll find ones that you prefer.

Good luck!

J1nx93
12-27-2010, 06:28 PM
For a paint cleaner you can use IPA diluted. Or you can get a dedicated paint cleaners. They all work pretty well.

As for a good durable wax that isn't going to break the bank, my favorite is Collinite 845. You can apply it via your DA and it gives a great look and the durability is great. A bottle will run you about $15.

Your going to get a lot of info and different products thrown at you from everyone. As goathead said you just need to try out different products and you'll find ones that you prefer.

Good luck!
Do you have a personal favorite for a polish or glaze?