PDA

View Full Version : Black Trim, Texturized Trim...

DS Detailer
12-12-2006, 01:47 PM
What do you find is the be product to clean then protect with?

quantim0
12-12-2006, 01:51 PM
I just got some PB Trim Restore in my delivery yesterday. I am pretty impressed with it so far. I can't comment on long term durability, but it makes my trim look great.

abrcrombe
12-12-2006, 02:14 PM
Trim restore works great, especially when you put more than one coat on. Is this on an avalanche or is the surface completely different than what I am thinking?

Surfer
12-12-2006, 03:18 PM
I use some Armor All tire foam (regular), hard to spray on trim w/o getting on paint so I have it on a Micro pad and spread on trim with foam. Foam really helps clean and leaves a good base for Trim Restorer. I tried a bunch of products, and this combo is the only one that will work on my trim. If I use Trim Restorer alone it sorta stays greasy and on the surface, doesn't really absorb.

ScottB
12-12-2006, 06:35 PM
I like Black Again and the Poorboys products. If you have wax marks, consider wiping with XMT pad cleaner first. Done real well at removing polish and waxes when blipped past the paint.

quantim0
12-12-2006, 11:00 PM
^^ Thank you so much. I have some XMT residue on the trim by my hood. I haven't been able to remove it with anything I tried. I was about to post about this and get some feedback. I didn't even think about using pad cleaner.

eng811ine
12-13-2006, 07:27 PM
try using a mr. clean magic eraser, works wonders. just be sure to wipe the residue away.