PDA

View Full Version : Detailing door jams etc

clarky75
12-25-2010, 05:27 AM
Hi All,

I am new to these forums, since being here I realise how badly I was looking after my car. Seeing some of the pics here and your guys detailing jobs are just incredible, so I have set out to transform my white 2001 VX SS Commodore, I am from Australia.

I purchased the P21 kit, which has been great thus far. Firstly I rinsed the car with my foam lance, then washed it and dried, then ran the clay bar over the paint and wheels glass etc and re washed with the Ps1 shampoo, car already looks great. What I have realised from these forums is that I have never cleaned the door jams or in the trunk, the engine bay or under the hood. These areas plus my gas fill tank are filthy as 10 years of neglect would show. Some of these areas are hard to reach what is the best way to clean these, do I need a detailing brush or old toothbrush and an APC to clean these, whats the best way to reach and clean these neglected areas?

Thanks

Clarky

LuxuryMobile
12-25-2010, 06:59 AM
Im a huge fan of toothbrushes for detailing, but sometimes you'll need several different brushes off different shapes and sizes.

Brushes, a few micros and a good/safe apc will get the job done. Another great product for hard to reach places is a spray wax or spray sealant.

buddhadog
12-25-2010, 01:20 PM
painters foam brushes are great for door jams too!

zliegen
12-25-2010, 01:55 PM
The easy to reach areas of door jambs I use my cheapo microfibers for and the hard to reach areas get a soft brush.