PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Sealant(s) Spray Nozzle Tip

CEE DOG
12-24-2010, 01:47 PM
I saw somebody post about the Ultima spray bottle nozzles going bad over time. Since I bought my first Ultima sealant I have done the following.

When nearing the end of application and your ready to spray the last few squirts.
Place the bottle on a secure flat location.
Unscrew the cap and lift the nozzle out so the tube isn't in the product. Then spray. After applying that one go back and get you last spray the same way. The point is to empty the nozzle of solution before you put it back in your storage. Also important as Ultima notes is to place the plastic cap back onto the bottle after you screw the nozzle back on nice and tight.

Of course for people that do a high volume of cars with Ultima sealants this isn't needed or practical until you won't be using the product for a bit.

Cheers

BobbyG
12-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Makes sense Corey! :props:

Harleyguy
12-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Any product i use that uses a spray bottle i always make sure the tube and the nozzle are empty after i use it .Sometimes i dip the tube in a cup of warm water and spray until clean water comes out and continue until the tube is empty.I guess it's a little over kill but it helps a lot .

DaHen
12-24-2010, 05:59 PM
Any product i use that uses a spray bottle i always make sure the tube and the nozzle are empty after i use it .Sometimes i dip the tube in a cup of warm water and spray until clean water comes out and continue until the tube is empty.I guess it's a little over kill but it helps a lot .

Been doing the same as well. Keeps what ever product from caking inside the nozzle.

CEE DOG
12-24-2010, 06:32 PM

I do the same with all but glass cleaner and some lighter products. I don't do the water on any of my sealants though.

ScottB
12-24-2010, 07:33 PM
another super idea ..