PDA

View Full Version : microfibers and a dryer sheet, oops

bodavenport
12-24-2010, 01:11 PM
I screwed up and dryed my towels and there was an old sheet still in there and now my towels feel as though there is a film on them, my question is this... can I soak them in some HOT water mixed with Opti-clean and then a HOT wash with dawn and a white vinegar rinse, would that return them to like new?? Help please I really do not want to boil them all if I do not have too. thanks

Mike Phillips
12-24-2010, 01:23 PM
If it were me I would probably just use them the way they are and then launder them like normal as needed. The most important segment of any wiping is the final wipe, just use a clean, soft microfiber for the final wipe.

If you want, re-wash and rinse and then dry and then use...

The Final Wipe – Tips for creating a streak-free, show car finish (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/19956-final-wipe.html)

:)

oldmodman
12-25-2010, 03:15 AM
I did the exact same thing, just once.

I didn't even try to see if they worked. I just re washed them and they were fine.

Impressions
12-25-2010, 07:43 AM
dryer sheet...........no problem

I accidently washed 40 MF's and upon removal from the washer I found a piece of "0000" steel wool wraped up in one.........ooops

now I have a bucket of MF's with nothing to use them on

proudpoppa
12-25-2010, 09:05 AM
dryer sheet...........no problem

I accidently washed 40 MF's and upon removal from the washer I found a piece of "0000" steel wool wraped up in one.........ooops

now I have a bucket of MF's with nothing to use them on

can't tell you how many times that happened to me at work. the guy picking up towels to do laundry wouldnt pay attention and grab a piece of steel wool and then blammo, you got a bunch of towels that arent good for anything anymore.

Kurt_s
12-25-2010, 11:43 AM
White vinegar is supposed to help remove fabric softener and clean out residual surfactants from the MFs.

I use white vinegar in place of the fabric softener when I wash my towels in the HE washing machine. Seems to work well for me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

zliegen
12-25-2010, 01:59 PM
White vinegar is supposed to help remove fabric softener and clean out residual surfactants from the MFs.

I use white vinegar in place of the fabric softener when I wash my towels in the HE washing machine. Seems to work well for me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

This is what I do as well, it seems to work great. I've noticed that when I don't use vinegar in the rinse cycle that the microfibers aren't as "grabby" as usual.

Bo, I would re-wash them personally and just use vinegar during rinse cycle.