PDA

View Full Version : Tire cleaner?

Pages : [1] 2 3

WJave
12-24-2010, 06:30 AM
What do you guys like for a good tire cleaner. I used to just fill a spray bottle from the local carwash with the green stuff they and it worked good. I'm looking for one that will get red clay stains out.

BobbyG
12-24-2010, 06:47 AM
There are a few that I use but lately I've narrowed my choices to the two below.

Meguiar's APC+

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/APC.jpg

Meguiar's Super Degreaser

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/SuperDegreaser.jpg

For wheels I use Meguiar's Wheel Brightener

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/WheelBrightener.jpg

Flash Gordon
12-24-2010, 07:24 AM
Castols Super Clean or Purple Power are as good as any. You can purchase both at Wal-Mart :props:

marshal
12-24-2010, 07:50 AM
I use Purple Power and am very satisfied with the quality and the result

Harleyguy
12-24-2010, 07:57 AM
I find there is no need to spend a lot of money on a tire cleaner. I use the saved money on a better tire dressing . As flash mentioned purple power works great . IMO

zliegen
12-24-2010, 07:59 AM
Any all purpose cleaner + a cheap stiff bristled brush.

SeaJay's
12-24-2010, 08:12 AM
+1 on the Purple Power. I buy it buy the gallon and dilute it. Stuff works awesome!

silverfox
12-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Some of those "high end" tire products are not worth the money. Besides, I don't like my tires looking like a mirror...I want them to look like tires...clean tires, but tires nonetheless.

Crazy Amos
12-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Greased Lightning. It foams from agitation very easily. Very good stuff.

Crazy Amos
12-24-2010, 08:47 AM
I agree with Harleyguy 110%, why buy some "special" cleaner for tires?

J1nx93
12-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Some APC+ or Bleche White works really well. Just don't get the Bleche White on wheels because that stuff is strong!

Mike Burke
12-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I have all ways used " Westley's Bleach White ".........any one else use it ?

Or maybe I should find something else......its kind of messy to use , but it's all I have ever used.

J1nx93
12-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I have all ways used " Westley's Bleach White ".........any one else use it ?

Or maybe I should find something else......its kind of messy to use , but it's all I have ever used.
That's what I use man. If I want to strip off old dressing then it works great. Has some awful fumes though, lol. I don't find it messy at all.

pfix
12-24-2010, 10:19 AM
I used to use Simple Green (straight) but I have since switched to Amazing Roll Off (straight).

The SG worked fair, but using the ARO you could actually see the brown sludge running off of the tire and this was after I had used SG. The first time I cleaned my tires with it I still had to do multiple applications to get the old Megs Hot Shine Gel and gravel dust off.

The down side to ARO is the cost. I would like to try a less expensive APC but I am concerned about the potential for damaging the clear on my wheels. I am sure many APC's claim to be clear coat safe when diluted properly, but I am worried that there would not be sufficient cleaning power to these APC's when diluted to clear coat safe specs.

Even after cleaning with full strength ARO and a brush I still get black residue on my towel when drying the tire if I press hard.

tuscarora dave
12-24-2010, 10:29 AM
I got a 1:1 dilution of purple power on the factory powder coated wheels on my Buick and it etched so deeply that I have never been able polish the damage out. Ive even done multiple step polishing starting with wool pads and rocks in a bottle compounds. That purple power doesn't get anywhere near my car and especially not a customer's car. That was an early lesson learned and I am glad it was on my own car and not a customer's.