PDA

View Full Version : My process....

stryderlis
12-11-2006, 11:13 PM
I just bought a 7424(the 129kit) and will be detailing my car this spring. I'm researching to see what will be best for me. Right now I have some zaino that I haven't finished using so this is what I thought I'd do.

clay bar
xmt 2
xmt 1
xmt glaze
zaino
Souveran

I'm not sure how the zaino and souveran will work together so if you guys can give me some advise on this it would be helpful. Also, if souveran isn't the best with zaino please let me know what else might be. This will be my first time using a machine on my car so what tips would you give a newb? Looking at the tuturial, it seems easy enough but that's because the guy doing it was a pro. That's in advanced!

MikeyC
12-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Sorry but the Zaino will not bond to the paint if you use the XMT finishing glaze. The oils and carnauba content in the glaze will cause bonding issues. So, you could either skip the Zaino and just use the glaze and Souveran or you could skip the glaze and use everything else.

supercharged
12-12-2006, 12:52 AM
Sorry but the Zaino will not bond to the paint if you use the XMT finishing glaze. The oils and carnauba content in the glaze will cause bonding issues. So, you could either skip the Zaino and just use the glaze and Souveran or you could skip the glaze and use everything else.
:iagree:

stryderlis
12-12-2006, 06:02 PM
That's for the help. Ok so either skip zaino or skip xmt glaze. What do you guys suggest I do?

BILL
12-12-2006, 06:12 PM
That's for the help. Ok so either skip zaino or skip xmt glaze. What do you guys suggest I do?

Do what you haven't done........:)

ScottB
12-12-2006, 06:20 PM
skip it first ... see if you like the richness and wetness the combo affords. If you dont a quick alcohol/water wipe down, and your ready for a synthetic sealant.