Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Wax
Pinnacle Signature Series II Carnuba Paste Wax
ShMITT all white
ShMITT black
Edge 2000 6inch pads
Pinnacle XMT pad cleaner and conditioner
Meguiars SCRATCH X
PC 7424
Now I have some questions. I have been reading LOTS and just need some feed back, please.

Okay, so I understand how to use the XMT line up but I got a question about the XMT Glaze. Is the XMT Glaze a sealant? Lets say that I use XMT #2, #1 and then the XMT Glaze would I still have to put the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? The purpose of the sealant is to protect what I have done (swirl removal)…well at least that’s what I think.

I saw the video for prepping the pads, but is it really just one spray of Pinnacle XMT pad conditioner? What happens if I put three or four sprays of the conditioner? Basically can I go wrong by spraying the pads with lots of conditioner?

Some of you recommended the Meguiars SCRATCH X for doing the door handles, but how exactly do I go about this? Do I just apply the SCRATCH X with a microfiber towel and rub it against the paint and check the process? I have a Volvo that has lots and I mean lots of scratches in that area.
As for pad combination goes, I’m going to experiment with some of the combinations that Justin and others have used. That is why when I see a write up, I go through it with a magnifying glass, so thank you all for doing such great write ups.

Darn, I forgot to order some guzzlers…oh looks like I need to put another order hehehehe. Thank you in advance for the feed back, sorry for the questions but I it will be my first time I do a serious detail and I’m really anxious not to mention nervous to bring a machine close to paint. Good thing I got an old Jeep to practice on ;)

ScottB
12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Okay, so I understand how to use the XMT line up but I got a question about the XMT Glaze. Is the XMT Glaze a sealant? Lets say that I use XMT #2, #1 and then the XMT Glaze would I still have to put the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant? The purpose of the sealant is to protect what I have done (swirl removal)…well at least that’s what I think.

I saw the video for prepping the pads, but is it really just one spray of Pinnacle XMT pad conditioner? What happens if I put three or four sprays of the conditioner? Basically can I go wrong by spraying the pads with lots of conditioner?

Some of you recommended the Meguiars SCRATCH X for doing the door handles, but how exactly do I go about this? Do I just apply the SCRATCH X with a microfiber towel and rub it against the paint and check the process? I have a Volvo that has lots and I mean lots of scratches in that area.

XMT Glaze is a light finishing polish with some added carnauba protection. It has no sealant traits, and you would not want to use a sealant directly over it, as the oils/fillers might decrease the sealants durability.

Pad Conditioner is usually only used one or twice at first to lightly dampen the pad. You can use it to help when polishes dry to fast, buy respritzing the pad. Careful use is suggested, as you dont really wanna water down a polish.

ScratchX , now theres a product I found to be a complete waste of money. It not super abrasive, and sold as a hand polish. I would use the XMT 2 as needed with a towel or foamy applicator and remove with microfiber towel.

ryandamartini
12-11-2006, 08:45 PM
Now I have some questions. I have been reading LOTS and just need some feed back, please.

As for pad combination goes, I’m going to experiment with some of the combinations that Justin and others have used. That is why when I see a write up, I go through it with a magnifying glass, so thank you all for doing such great write ups.

Darn, I forgot to order some guzzlers…oh looks like I need to put another order hehehehe. Thank you in advance for the feed back, sorry for the questions but I it will be my first time I do a serious detail and I’m really anxious not to mention nervous to bring a machine close to paint. Good thing I got an old Jeep to practice on ;)

1) XMT Glaze is a glaze which is used to enhance the look of your vehicle, you would apply this after polishing and then apply a wax on top of a glaze. Sealants have bonding issues on top of glazes. So, no WGDGS would not be a good choice to put on top of XMT galze.

2) SUPER LUBE! hehe, it will work fine, but a waste of product. A light mist will suffice.

3) Get an amount of scratch x and rub it back and forth with pressure for a while. I use the wolfgang polishing pal with a yellow pad on doorhandles when working in scratch X.

supercharged
12-12-2006, 01:18 AM
That's a big order right there!

FloridaNative
12-12-2006, 09:19 AM
Very nice order. :applause: The carnauba finishing glaze is an excellent product and will look awesome topped with your Souveran paste. :) Yeah don't forget those guzzlers. Once you use them you won't be able to live without them. :)

Nica
12-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Thank you guys for the feed back, I was mistaken with the XMT Glaze but glad I asked :grouphug: .

Here is another scenario though, lets say I use XMT #2 then #1...then can I use the WGDGS (sealant)? I think this should work but just double check :rolleyes: .

So either use XMT #2 or the scratch x and just use a regular towel or applicator and rub...sounds easy enough.

Supercharged, yes it was a big order. I got the eye from the wife but it's all good...the way I sold it to her is that I showed the before and after results that some of you guys have shown here using these products and she loved it. So I told her I'll make her Volvo look like new hehehe.:p ..well I'm going to try..:D. I like your avatar, that's a new one. You must have waxed it, the paint looks really wet....nice :righton:

I haven't received my package yet but I'm so eager to receive it.

Surfer
12-12-2006, 11:59 AM
Good luck, nice combo there. What color is your GX? We have an LX470 in that champagne/white type color, looks similar to yours in that little pic. I too found Scratch-X to be a waste, next time I'm going to try what Scott and them said, maybe a dab of Optimum Polish on a micro and go to work on and under the handle. My handle isn't marred, but underneath (like where your hand/fingers go when opening) is marred. What I noticed is my mothers and sisters vehicles have horrible scratching under the handles probably from their rings.

Nica
12-12-2006, 12:30 PM
My GX is metallic silver. I never...ever liked silver until now. When I first saw the silver GX in the show room it turned me off so I picked black exterior with bashed interior. They ordered the black GX as per my request but when it got to the dealership it was damaged, but there was the silver one same bin as my black one. Dealership asked if it would be okay, and when I saw it under the sun light it looks really good. So I kept it. It’s a good car, I really like the LX though but I’m really curious as the new model for the LX will be coming out late 2007 or early 2008.

Well back to topic, so you too don’t recommend the scratch x. Well I’ll give it a try and see how it works, I could always switch over to XMT product. It’s funny because the door handle, not so much the door handle but the backing of the door handles is a scratch magnet.

Thanks for the feed back.

ltoman
12-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Good luck, nice combo there. What color is your GX? We have an LX470 in that champagne/white type color, looks similar to yours in that little pic. I too found Scratch-X to be a waste, next time I'm going to try what Scott and them said, maybe a dab of Optimum Polish on a micro and go to work on and under the handle. My handle isn't marred, but underneath (like where your hand/fingers go when opening) is marred. What I noticed is my mothers and sisters vehicles have horrible scratching under the handles probably from their rings.

Hey Scott,
Look! The one advantage we new vettes have, since we have the clearcoat from hell!!
Lol!
Lauren

Nica
12-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey Scott,
Look! The one advantage we new vettes have, since we have the clearcoat from hell!!
Lol!
Lauren

Yea, I kinda wished I had a tough clear coat...well I don't even know what kind of clear coat I got...but I'm sure I'll find out soon:rolleyes:. I got all my products in and I'm ready to go to work (crossing fingers, and looking up to the heavens for blessing).

ltoman
12-15-2006, 12:29 AM
Yea, I kinda wished I had a tough clear coat...well I don't even know what kind of clear coat I got...but I'm sure I'll find out soon:rolleyes:. I got all my products in and I'm ready to go to work (crossing fingers, and looking up to the heavens for blessing).

Toyota /Lexus - come on. They make great stuff. Owned my beloved Supra Mark iv for 8 years... you will be fine!!! If I can do it, so can you!! Really!:D :D :D :D
Take a picture! Is it swirled?

Nica
12-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Thank you for the encouragement ltoman, I really appreciate it:grouphug: . Yup, I agree with you about the reputation that Toyota/Lexus have. That is why I purchased the vehicle.

Surprisingly though I didn't see to many swirls, mind you that's before I joined this place. I thought all cars that shined were looking good, now when I look at a shiny car I look past the shiny...know what I'm saying;) !

I will have to wash the car with my new ShMITT:awesome: and take a look thoroughly.

I'll let you know how bad it is...I have a feeling it will have some because every time I bring to the dealership it gets washed and "hand dry it" meaning for sure swirls are going to be on it.

The size is intimidating...but I'll have two weeks Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

ltoman
12-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Thank you for the encouragement ltoman, I really appreciate it:grouphug: . Yup, I agree with you about the reputation that Toyota/Lexus have. That is why I purchased the vehicle.

Surprisingly though I didn't see to many swirls, mind you that's before I joined this place. I thought all cars that shined were looking good, now when I look at a shiny car I look past the shiny...know what I'm saying;) !

I will have to wash the car with my new ShMITT:awesome: and take a look thoroughly.

I'll let you know how bad it is...I have a feeling it will have some because every time I bring to the dealership it gets washed and "hand dry it" meaning for sure swirls are going to be on it.

The size is intimidating...but I'll have two weeks Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

Yah, I look at people's car paint entirely differently now.
I see swirls everywhere I go!
That should turn out to be one hot Lexus. YOU ARE THE MAN, Nica!
If you lived here, I might just pick you as my boyfriend - no offense to spouses .... lol. j/k :o
Anyway, post a before picture!! I am sure everyone wants to see; that way, we can REALLY enjoy your beautiful work on the after photos!!!
Please?
I am cute.... will that work? (And newly conceited) just trying to make you laugh......
Lauren

Surfer
12-15-2006, 02:59 PM
:grouphug: . Yup, I agree with you about the reputation that Toyota/Lexus have. That is why I purchased the vehicle.Agree, I love my American trucks/suv's but our 05' Lexus LX470 is tops. The quality, the solidness, drives very smoothly yet still rocks off road! And the best part is the LX and Land Cruiser are based on out of date chassis and still have a live axle yet they drive, like, well a Lexus. Only the new Escalade has approached the smoothness these trucks have and did a good job (I really like the new Denali, Lade is to bling bling fo rme). An ex-gf of mine, her brother had a sick 96' Land Cruiser that was lifted, had over 100K miles, yet he would drive cross country with it to off road and drive back w/ no problems. He owns www.landcrusher.com (http://www.landcrusher.com)

I hope the new LX/LC doesn't go the way of the like new Mercedes G-Class. The G was sweet with 3 way locking differential etc, new one might as well be a station wagon. I hope Toyota keeps their line withthe perfect blend between comfort and true utility (off road etc).

Nica
12-15-2006, 04:49 PM
ltoman,

Hmmm..if I could just move to where you are I would be in heaven ;) lol. No worried I know it’s all jokes:grouphug: . I’m not sure when I’ll be able to do the Lexus, I want to use the old beat up Jeep as a guinea pig and test some of the products…like the XMT polish. Just want to see the braking point and so on. Basically to gain some confidence. I have never clayed a car, so I’m really interesting on how that is going to go. I’ll post lots of pictures the before and after. I agree, it makes the results that much more rewarding with the before pictures.

“I am cute…” yes that worked, you got me babe…lol :awesome:

Your hilarious, I like you.

Surfer,

Thanks for the link, that is a sweet place. I agree with you about the Toyota quality. My dad has a Land Cruiser, it’s a 1995 and it has over 200k miles and the engine runs like as though its new. Yup, Land Cruisers and LX 470 are exactly the same...well frame wise. The Land Cruisers rock, those things are amazing built to last and withstand anything and just about any climate. My dad wont let me get near it, I keep bugging him that my GX is better then his Land Cruiser and he just laughs at me. I too hope that Toyota does not change there line ups too much, the are good the way the are a little tweaking never hurts but a complete re-design well who knows what it could turn out to be. When I first saw the Mercedes G-class I drooled, those things are wicked…but the new ones aren’t any better then a regular SUV. I’m quite satisfied with me Lexus, it gets lots of attention when I drive it and people at work always want me to drive when it’s lunch time.