PDA

View Full Version : Never used any chemical guys stuff...any suggestions?

Pages : [1] 2

fairlady350z
12-22-2010, 06:44 PM
I was thinking about trying some chemical guys stuff for the first time. I see they have tons of stuff, but I am looking to see if anyone uses any of their products as their "go to" product for anything. Feed back please

VISITOR
12-22-2010, 06:51 PM
nothing really go to, but their washes are pretty economical...

RaskyR1
12-22-2010, 06:52 PM
+1 on their car soaps. :props:

Lasthope05
12-22-2010, 06:59 PM
EZ Creme is a must have. I use that or AG SRP on almost every detail I do. It gives an amazing amount of gloss and wetness.

ShineTimeDetail
12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
There about all I use. I like there wash/wax there butter wax for a glossy shine(not the best protection). There mirror wet glaze is nice there 3x carnuba sealant is nice-- I have a guy in stl that seems to have all there stuffjust different labels but they have all kinds of good stuff.

Vjeszczi
12-22-2010, 07:48 PM
I will be using their Citrus Wash when it gets warmer to remove all the winter protection I currently have on my DD's and get them all polished up.

aznwhip
12-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Citrus Wash & Clear and Citrus Wash & Gloss are great

IID
12-22-2010, 07:54 PM
I will be using their Citrus Wash when it gets warmer to remove all the winter protection I currently have on my DD's and get them all polished up.

:iagree:

Citrus Wash does work well.
This fall I had a layer of CG JetSeal109 (applies and removes easily for a LSP) on one of my vehicles for a couple of month's and wanted to strip it for Collinite845.
I sprayed the vehicle (Foam Gun) and did a (2)bucket wash with the CG Citrus Wash and the surface came out squeaky clean with NO beading what so ever.

Scott DeBrun
12-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Pete's 53 and their 50/50 are a couple of great wipe on wipe off waxes with a great look and shine.

kronos
12-22-2010, 08:18 PM
As long as it doesn't rain, I like bare bones for wheel wells. Their interior dressings are pretty good too. The only thing I'm not completely sold on, are their microfiber towels. I've haven't tried any of their polishes yet. I'm very happy with M105 and SSR2.

James K
12-22-2010, 08:24 PM
EZ Creme is a must have. I use that or AG SRP on almost every detail I do. It gives an amazing amount of gloss and wetness.

I ordered some of this a on Monday. It should be here this coming Monday. Can't wait to give it a try. I have heard great things about it.

Crazy Amos
12-22-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I use some of their stuff. The ez creme is a great glaze. It's acrylic based and preps the paint really well for sealant. Goes on great and comes off great. If you car about the smell it's a strong grape. green clean is good, Jetseal 109 is superb-love it and topped with 50/50 is even better. Lightning fast stain extractor is the best I have used. Citrus wash n gloss is really good for stripping. I like the silk shine dressing but its a little too much gloss for my liking but durable. Love the Bare Bones-spray and then spread with an applicator-if not you waste too much just spraying. Their are better paint correcting polishes but by no means are they junk. I love their MF's, they are durable soft and priced nicely. I have been using slot of their stuff but the shipping is just too expensive and it takes too long. They are on the west coast I on the east-takes 5 to 7 days for the order to arrive. They never offer free shipping either. The leather cleaner and leather conditioner are awesome!

fairlady350z
12-22-2010, 11:39 PM
i am going to give ez cream, citrus wash and maybe the AIO a try. Has anyone tried their AIO? Thanks everyone for the feedback, I appreciate it!

Kurt_s
12-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Wheel Guard rim sealant is easy to use and works well. Diablo wheel cleaner requires agitation but works ok. I'm still trying other wheel cleaners but it seems to be pretty safe.

I tried their Grime Reaper degreaser (powerful stuff) but prefer OPC.

Citrus Wash and Gloss is good for stripping wax before claying, polishing and waxing. It cleans very well but I prefer other car washes for everyday use. You need to measure carefully for everyday use!

The leather cleaner stripped color from a leather hassock following their directions so be careful. I would not use it on Connolly leather seats. The leather conditioner seems to be pretty good but I'm not amazed.

I'm not a fan of their ProPolish, dusts too much. It's the only CG polish that I've tried.

I don't like Silk Shine interior dressing (look or smell). I've had so so success with their Speed Wipe which sometimes streaks on me. It does leave a nice glossy, anti-static finish when it doesn't streak. I prefer OIDE and recently tried UWW+ which is very nice as a waterless wash/QD replacement.

I just tried their new Glosswerkz glaze under some WG DGPS on my wifes hood to see how it holds up. It added a nice gloss look.

I have not not tried any of their waxes or paint sealants other than the Wheel Guard.

I prefer the Cobra WW MF glass towel to their WW MF glass towel.

I also just picked up a pre release MF polishing and a MF compounding pad for use with my PCXP. The compounding pad did cut faster than an orange flat pad. I just received both HT pads and Surbufs that I hope to use over the weekend in comparison. Sadly, it looks like the rains will be around over the weekend and I'm not sure if my plans will hold up.

TheGLL
12-23-2010, 12:25 PM
CG Stripper scent! :xyxthumbs: