PDA

View Full Version : Review: Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine

Pages : [1] 2

ZaneO
12-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Product: Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine

http://www.duragloss.com/products/DG_0921.jpg

Price: $6.49 (22 oz.)

Manufacturer's Claim: "... formulated to remove dust and light soil from painted surfaces without scratching or removing durable polishes. Actually bonds with the polish for added gloss and durability."

Usage: I used this product just like I use all of my quick detailers - one spray per panel, buffed dry with a plush microfiber towel.

Overall Thoughts and Notes: I've had the chance to use this product several times now on freshly washed and lightly dusty vehicles. This is definitely one of my top picks for QDs. It's easy to use and has a nice scent, but the slickness and gloss that it adds to the paint surface are truly something to note, IMO. The cleaning ability is light-moderate. I'm quite pleased with this product...especially for the great price.

Complaints: None to speak of so far.

justin_murphy
12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
I also had a small sample and loved it. CLeaned very well for me. It did leave a high gloss finish.....better than Megs Last Touch.

You cannot beat the price either.

Nice review and thanks for it.

abrcrombe
12-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Nice review man, what other QD's have you used and how do they compare specifically?

ScottB
12-11-2006, 06:48 PM
921 rocks ... consider it Aquawax light without the slight streaking. It reminds me of Quikshine from Clearkote.

cwcad
12-11-2006, 08:42 PM
Product:

Usage: I used this product just like I use all of my quick detailers - one spray per panel, buffed dry with a plush microfiber towel.

Thanks for the review, ZaneO.

I do have a question and it is about process or application. When spraying a panel can you give me an approximate size or the panel of the vehicle that you tested the product on. I have vehicles that have larger panels and am wondering if I may be using to much product(OK, I know I am using to much product).

Do you spray one direction and wipe the other direction? Is the panel that is sprayed covered in mist with one spray of the product? I use one product(you know what product that I am talking about) very sparingly(IMHO) but I need three sprays to cover half the hood of my Black truck. One spray would leave a whole lot of area that is dry as I wipe.

ZaneO
12-12-2006, 12:04 AM
Nice review man, what other QD's have you used and how do they compare specifically?

A plethora - Zaino Z6, Wolfgang Detail Spritz, Clearkote Quik Shine, Adam's DS, FK 425, Meg's Final Inspection, Turbo Wax, Meg's Mist & Wipe, Mother's Showtime, Eagle One Wipe & Shine, etc.

In terms of appearance, it's one of my top choices.

When spraying a panel can you give me an approximate size or the panel of the vehicle that you tested the product on.

Do you spray one direction and wipe the other direction? Is the panel that is sprayed covered in mist with one spray of the product? I use one product(you know what product that I am talking about) very sparingly(IMHO) but I need three sprays to cover half the hood of my Black truck. One spray would leave a whole lot of area that is dry as I wipe.

I have used it on my Camaro and on our Tahoe. I pretty much stick to one spray per panel on any vehicle (two sprays max). I spray with a sweeping motion across the panel and after making an initial pass to spread the QD across the panel, I flip the towel to the "dry" side and buff any remaining residue.

supercharged
12-12-2006, 12:51 AM
Another good QD to try for me.

cwcad
12-12-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks ZaneO!!

I will endeavor to employ this method to see if I can get better results with the QD's that I use.

FloridaNative
12-12-2006, 09:05 AM
Great review!! :applause: I see Killerwheels is calling it Aquawax light, but does it offer any protection the way that the Aquawax does? I still am getting good beads from the Aquawax I applied and the shine is still going strong as well. How would this product fit into the detailing arsenal if one is using Aquawax?

ZaneO
12-12-2006, 10:32 AM
I've used Aquawax both as a "wax-as-you-dry" and as a QD. I think it would be good to use AW as the WAUD and follow up with FC&S after the paint is dry.

Surfer
12-12-2006, 11:32 AM
Great review!! :applause: I see Killerwheels is calling it Aquawax light, but does it offer any protection the way that the Aquawax does? I still am getting good beads from the Aquawax I applied and the shine is still going strong as well. How would this product fit into the detailing arsenal if one is using Aquawax?I picked some up after using a friends, awsome product, and it does remind me of Quickshine like Scott said. From what I understand it will also leave a light protective coating similar to AW. Must be why a lot of the AW guys use it and nothing else really.

So now I have FC&S, AW, and their wash, I am going to buy more of their stuff. I really like the line and still can't believe what it offers for the price. Their wash is top notch and you guys have it on here for like $5 I think? Incredible, just as good as Poorboys SSS. Sorry AG, only reason I didn't order is I'm still making a list for next order and DG stuff I just grabbed at a store since it was right there :o

FloridaNative
12-12-2006, 05:56 PM
Excellent!! Thanks for the clarification. :applause: :)

BILL
12-12-2006, 06:16 PM
I've used Aquawax both as a "wax-as-you-dry" and as a QD. I think it would be good to use AW as the WAUD and follow up with FC&S after the paint is dry.

Out of all the products......which ones are over the counter??

ScottB
12-12-2006, 06:18 PM
you can buy most of the line at several smaller autoparts store, but I highly suggest using AG as cost is less thus making up any shipping saving.

Al-53
12-12-2006, 06:37 PM
The AW will give you more protection....The FC&S does clean and add protection...but not as much protection as AW...According to DG..AW contains more polymers than FC&S but no cleaner in the AW..they said I could add 1-2 oz of AW to a bottle of FC&S for better protection if I wanted to with out ruining the performance of the product...

The FC&S is a top notch product..I use alot of it....It has cleaned bird bombs..water spots...fresh sap...fingerprints...road grime...dust without any marring to the paint...

Also I used AW both ways....on a wet car and a dry car..I like the dry way better...on a wet car it would dilute the product and lessen the protection and slickness....

Killer..I never had AW streak..but some one else did on another forum...he used it on hot paint and it streaked a little...he called DG and asked how to prevent it..DG said may streak on hot paint as it flashes fast..I think DG's reply was to mist the MF towel with a little water first to prevent streaking on hot paint...

I will look for the thread and see what the actual cure was..plus I am calling them this week as I am testing a product for them and need to ask a question..the product is not car related..will get a answer for you to see why it streaked and the cure.....

Zaneo..nice review....very complete....glad it worked out for you

AL