PDA

View Full Version : Email notifications

Pages : [1] 2

James K
12-22-2010, 11:30 AM
How can I stop these damn things? Everytime anyone replies to any thread I have posted in I get an email. I woke up to 48 emails on my droid.

I have already changed the setting in my options to have No Email Notifications, and I still continue to get them. Driving me NUTS! :nomore:

Feed back please

Thanks

Flash Gordon
12-22-2010, 11:34 AM
How can I stop these damn things? Everytime anyone replies to any thread I have posted in I get an email. I woke up to 48 emails on my droid.

I have already changed the setting in my options to have No Email Notifications, and I still continue to get them. Driving me NUTS! :nomore:

Feed back please

Thanks

You think you've got it bad. These damn things fill up 2 pages everyday for me :laughing:

Subscried to Thread :hungry:

Scott DeBrun
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Unsubscribe to the thread that shows up in your inbox. Go to the thread and click on thread tools , click "unsubscribe to thread" and you will not get the emails.

James K
12-22-2010, 11:51 AM
I should not have to do that though. I still want to stay subscribed to the threads, as I like being able to look at my User CP and see all the threads I have posted in. I just do not want the email.

I have already changed to not subscribe to any threads now, just because I hate the email notification. However, I really like that feature.

Scott DeBrun
12-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Then I guess you'll have to live with the emails unless someone else knows a better way.

LegacyGT
12-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Go into your user settings and change your preferences.

I changed mine to only email once per day, but you can disable completely. I'll post a Screen in a min.
edit:image
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/1134530344_oB8ZL-L.jpg

TroyScherer
12-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Go to your User CP

Under Setting and options click Edit options

Messaging & Notification - Change Default Thread Subscription Mode: Daily or Weekly.

This will give you 1 email for the thread each day or week with all of the posts for the thread.

**Note this will only apply to new threads you post after making the change, not the current/old one you are part of already.**

James K
12-22-2010, 12:01 PM
I have tried that. This is how I had it set.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/M4Operator/Untitled.png

I have now changed it to "Do not subscribe" as I really do not want to deal with the emails. Sucks that it has to be that way.

James K
12-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Go to your User CP

Under Setting and options click Edit options

Messaging & Notification - Change Default Thread Subscription Mode: Daily or Weekly.

This will give you 1 email for the thread each day or week with all of the posts for the thread.

**Note this will only apply to new threads you post after making the change, not the current/old one you are part of already.**

That might be the cause of it. When I first joined it was sent to email notification. Then I changed it to no notification. Maybe it is just the old subscriptions emailing me.

I just deleted all my subscriptions, and am gonna change it back to no email. Maybe that was the cause of it.

Flash Gordon
12-22-2010, 12:06 PM
If I "unsubscribe" to this thread, then how will I know how to get rid of these annoying emails :confused:

James K
12-22-2010, 12:09 PM
lol

Scott DeBrun
12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
If I "unsubscribe" to this thread, then how will I know how to get rid of these annoying emails :confused:
Very funny Flash.:rolleyes:

Vjeszczi
12-22-2010, 01:08 PM
You can change your subscription options to not receive emails, but still remain subscribed to the thread.

WestEnd
12-22-2010, 01:09 PM
That might be the cause of it. When I first joined it was sent to email notification. Then I changed it to no notification. Maybe it is just the old subscriptions emailing me.

I just deleted all my subscriptions, and am gonna change it back to no email. Maybe that was the cause of it.

That's how I found it worked for me. I first had notifications and subscriptions. After changing to no notifications I still received email from the threads previous to my preference changes. But, the new threads were not being emailed. So I unsubscribed to all, then subscribed to the ones I wanted to track. I didn't get any more email notifications but they were still in my User CP.

It seems preferences only apply to those threads that are AFTER the preference change and don't affect the ones before the change.

BobbyG
12-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Do the following and you won't receive one email notification when someone replies to a thread.

User CP
Edit Options
Message Notifications
Default Thread Subscription Mode:

Select "No email notification"