PDA

View Full Version : Detailing stuff in room?

Pages : [1] 2

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Having all my detailing stuff on a rack in my room is it safe? I wiped everything down and put them high rack so my dogs can't get to it. I'm thinking about putting a cloth to cover the whole thing.

Pockets@PoorboysWorld
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
By "safe" do you mean not get ruined over the winter sitting there...... Yes, they should be fine it wouldn't hurt to shake em up every month or so.

P.S. - All my detailing supplies are in my room and closet

Marc08EX
12-21-2010, 03:22 PM
I used to do this but I moved my stuff in the laundry area because I'm afraid that the fumes, if any, might cause adverse health issues.

VISITOR
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
buy some of those big snap lid totes and stick your products in there, you'll be fine...

BobbyG
12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Having all my detailing stuff on a rack in my room is it safe? I wiped everything down and put them high rack so my dogs can't get to it. I'm thinking about putting a cloth to cover the whole thing.

Are you referring to your bedroom or laundry room?

tuscarora dave
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
I have separate room where all my detailing products reside. When I walk in there to get something or to shake stuff up, it definitely smells like polish etc. so I probably wouldn't want to sleep in there every night but the products that have a shelf life stay fine.

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:31 PM
bedroom. :( I have no room in the house or garage. I was worried about fumes and my health.

tuscarora dave
12-21-2010, 03:35 PM
Do you have a truckload of products? If not you might take BigAl3's advice and just put them in a container of sorts and stow them in the corner or in a closet.

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:43 PM
yeah I prob going put them in containers just to be safe.

BobbyG
12-21-2010, 03:50 PM
bedroom. :( I have no room in the house or garage. I was worried about fumes and my health.

It's OK, better than having them freeze and become damaged.

Just be sure that all of the containers are sealed tightly and not leaking. You might even buy a plastic storage container to keep them in as a second line of defense. :props:

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah I have bunch of extra containers but they look so good on the shelves lol

Mazda.Mark
12-21-2010, 04:08 PM
i got mine on a shelf in the spare room...i dont have much heavy duty so I keep mine out, plus I like to see what I got:)

C. Charles Hahn
12-21-2010, 06:54 PM
If you die because of sleeping with your detailing stuff, at least you'll die happy knowing you left a clean car behind :D

J1nx93
12-21-2010, 09:12 PM
My grandma's dad made a chest in WWII out of ammo crates when he was a Sergeant in the U.S. Army. I've always liked it so she gave it to me, it sat in my room empty for a month or so and it even has a latch for a lock. Right now I have some small stuff that I'm going to take out of it and put in my closet. It has a good amount of room and will keep the products out of light and they should stay at a good temp. I'll take pictures around Sunday after I get some more detailing stuff for Christmas!

GaDetailDoc
12-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I bought some rubber maid shelving from Lowes and everything fits nicely on them. Luckily my garage is climate controlled, which helps to keep my horses looking and feeling good.