PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Eating ....

ScottB
12-21-2010, 01:33 PM
We all know its Christmas week and those that support the holiday traditionally spend it with family, friends and have some really "great eats". So whats on the holiday meal schedule ??? Do you do it in layers or levels ??? A special food or dish that is a holiday staple ???

Flash Gordon
12-21-2010, 01:36 PM
ChristX Staple = Venison BBQ :hungry:

Crazy Amos
12-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Dessert-Holy Cow Cake

Mmmmmmmmmm sooooooooo goooood.........

kronos
12-21-2010, 01:45 PM
We usually make tamales, but this year it's going to be pozole.

trhland
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
im not sure what were having going to my sisters. im hoping for something itailian

kronos
12-21-2010, 01:47 PM
We all know its Christmas week and those that support the holiday traditionally spend it with family, friends and have some really "great eats". So whats on the holiday meal schedule ??? Do you do it in layers or levels ??? A special food or dish that is a holiday staple ???

What does your family have planned for dinner?

ScottB
12-21-2010, 02:04 PM
What does your family have planned for dinner?

Let me preface this but offering that normally we go out for a very large multi course deal.

This year my wife Catherine and mother decided to do it old school. They are doing a whole Turkey, all the sides and more. Kinda like a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with more deserts and such. All from scratch no less ...

Please dont share with them that I have Pepto on stand by ... neither cook from scratch on a normal basis and mom stopped cooking in general around the time she retired. :props:

tuscarora dave
12-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Let me preface this but offering that normally we go out for a very large multi course deal.

This year my wife Catherine and mother decided to do it old school. They are doing a whole Turkey, all the sides and more. Kinda like a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner with more deserts and such. All from scratch no less ...

Please dont share with them that I have Pepto on stand by ... neither cook from scratch on a normal basis and mom stopped cooking in general around the time she retired. :props:
Being a single guy with no Christmasly active family members, Pepto or not, the above sounds pretty enticing. :hungry:

I have a friend who's wife always makes sure I get an invitation to their Christmas dinner.

My tradition is firstly to celebrate and give thanks for the true meaning of Christmas by going to a church service and praising my lord and savior. After that my only other tradition is a second trip to the serving table. :xyxthumbs:

WestEnd
12-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh boy, my family started baking a couple weeks ago and it doesn't stop until after the new year. Then of course in between the grazing we have a ham and all the fixings Christmas dinner after we see what Santa brought. Family members come and go all day as does the food.

One of the true staples we have to bake is pineapple cookies with pineapple sugar icing. Yuuuummmmmyyy. Eating one right now.

But, I feel ok with it, three feet of snow last night and shoveled three times already today so I am working it off. Guess that's what you get when you live near a ski resort. :)

SeaJay's
12-21-2010, 03:10 PM
All I have to say is Prime Rib....mmmmm

Meghan
12-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Clam Chowder, Prime Rib, Homemade Mac N Cheese, Asparagus, and some other vegetables which I will ignore! :hungry:
Then a huge table full of goodies, but most importantly the whole family will be together! :props:

Bobby B.
12-21-2010, 03:36 PM
I just want some Tacos from Chipotle :)

BobbyG
12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
I don't have a very large family at all but I like to cook a turkey and a spiral ham. Both are easy to prepare and are sooooo good. My mouth is watering just thinking of it! We do a little open house for Christmas eve and a few folks drop in and it's a nice 2 days...

MonoPed
12-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Nice beef rib roast, home made gravy, taters, some veggies, biscuits, and pies... mmm mmm good!

SeaJay's
12-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Clam Chowder, Prime Rib, Homemade Mac N Cheese, Asparagus, and some other vegetables which I will ignore! :hungry:
Then a huge table full of goodies, but most importantly the whole family will be together! :props:

I hope that's New England Clam Chowder!