PDA

View Full Version : Applying Multiple Layers of 3.0 Question

ShineTimeDetail
12-21-2010, 02:36 AM
I have never used the 3.0 and read the directions. I hear everyone say that you need to wait 45 min before you can remove it. Why doesn't it say that in the directions? Also I want to apply more than one layer, how long between coats should I wait? Finally will 3 coats be any different than 2 coats? Is anything over 2 coats worth it I guess is what I mean.

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:10 AM
I think i read somewhere that you can benefit from 2 coat of wax/sealant but anything more is a waste of product.

ROMEO
12-21-2010, 03:15 AM
I do wait an hour to remove the sealer, I also do 2 coats of sealer 24 hours apart from each other, and 2 coats of wax, also 24 hours part from each other... ( you wait at least 24 hours so the wax/sealer can cure) I only do my own cars.

If I remember correctly, one of the reason it is recommended to do 2 coats is in case you had applied too thin, or miss a small spot, then most likely you will get it on the next round, and it might also give you a bit more protection.

If you want to give it anything else other than the 2 coats of WDPS 3.0, then I will suggest a wax, since with the right combo, you can get a dipper shine, and or, wetter look depending on what color paint you are working on.

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:18 AM
I do wait an hour to remove the sealer, I also do 2 coats of sealer 24 hours apart from each other, and 2 coats of wax, also 24 hours part from each other... I only do my own cars.

If I remember correctly, one of the reason it is recommended to do 2 coats is in case you had applied too thin, or miss a small spot, then most likely you will get it on the next round, and it might also give you a bit more protection.

When your waiting 24 hour to cure, do you have to use QD to get any dust before applying another layer?

I have my car park outside 24/7 and I find that if I wait that long the car isn't 100% clean.

ROMEO
12-21-2010, 03:23 AM
Well, it depends on how much dirt is in it, you could do a ONR, or a waterless wash, even a regular wash would be fine...

BTW, I see you are in Jersey, where at? I'm in White Plains NY. might not be that far away from you.

(BRB. Have to run and take a couple of shots of the eclipse... If I can't detail, I guess I'm taking pictures... Sad, I know!!! LOL)

slickooz
12-21-2010, 03:29 AM
I live in East Brunswick, it's Central Jersey.
I'm hating this weather.

Off topic ( Past 2 days I been going into town housing development/mall parking lots and putting down biz card trying to get my name out and the cold has been killing me.)

ScottB
12-21-2010, 09:19 AM
I live in East Brunswick, it's Central Jersey.
I'm hating this weather.

Off topic ( Past 2 days I been going into town housing development/mall parking lots and putting down biz card trying to get my name out and the cold has been killing me.)

nothing is gained without some sacrifice, you will be rewarded for your dedication. Stay warm :props:

ShineTimeDetail
12-21-2010, 11:19 AM
12 hours is the cure time...I guess I could've just called them lol

MRKensRT
12-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Looking for that POP on my Detonator yellow . Can layering Fusion give me That ???
Thanks

Ken

ksomsak
01-06-2011, 01:34 AM
I'm waiting 12 hours an apply 2 coat.