PDA

View Full Version : Getting Paste Wax on a 6.5 Inch DA Pad?

SlamMan
12-20-2010, 02:26 AM
Since most paste wax comes in a small container, and most DA pads are too big to get into those containers, what's the best way to get it onto a DA pad to apply?

I'll shame myself by telling everyone that one of the first thoughts to cross my mind was using a spoon.

:idea:

C. Charles Hahn
12-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Here's the technique -- same applies to any brand of paste wax or pad size:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/25737-how-apply-dodo-pastes-waxes-machine.html

SlamMan
12-20-2010, 02:39 AM
Doh! Thanks. I missed that because I searched for "paste" instead of "pastes"

One of the manufactures needs to put a paste in a deodorant style push up container.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-20-2010, 02:46 AM
Doh! Thanks. I missed that because I searched for "paste" instead of "pastes"

One of the manufactures needs to put a paste in a deodorant style push up container.
Dodo juice and Griot's offer the deoderant style wax. I LOVE applying paste waxes via DA!

Sent using Tapatalk

Dr Oldz
12-20-2010, 03:05 AM
Some paste waxes won't come out of their containers..... A paint brush with the bristles cut short works pretty well!

SlamMan
12-20-2010, 03:06 AM
Dodo juice and Griot's offer the deoderant style wax. I LOVE applying paste waxes via DA!

Sent using Tapatalk

I found them both right after posting that. Sounds like a good excuse to try the Dodo Supernatural.

I could put wax in my own push up container but don't know if I could melt down an expensive can of wax. I know a lot of people have melted wax without issue but if it separated or something and ruined it, I'd be pissed.

Emm
12-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I used a plastic putty knife with poorboy's nattys red, it worked pretty well