PDA

View Full Version : Protection: Carnauba or Synthetic.

Pages : [1] 2

supercharged
12-11-2006, 03:16 AM
Maybe we should make this a poll.

What type of protection do you guys/gals prefer?
Carnauba wax, synthetic sealant, or both? Maybe a hybrid selant (Poorboy's EX)? Does it depends on weather outside? And why?
What is your favorite wax/sealant/combo?

I personally am more of 'nuba guy during summer season. Pinnacle Souveran (both paste and liquid), DP Max Wax, and Natty's blue are my favorite for their shine. I usually wax once a month during summer, so extra longetivity was never an issue.

During winter though I usually do seal paint with a sealant, then topping it off with carnauba. This winter my combo is Klasse Twins (x2 SG), and Meguiar's #16 paste x 2.

Just want to see what others use the most.

TOGWT
12-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Winter protection - polymer sealant + Collinite synthetic wax

justin_murphy
12-11-2006, 08:58 AM
I'm actually doing my own with a sealant (Wolfgang) and then topping with a carnauba (Max Wax) this week. The 12 hour wait period for a sealant to cure is tough for a business. Most of my customers do not have garages and the dew is crazy here. I'm doing alot of them with 476 which is like a freaking force shield against the elements and seems to last forever. It even keeps the soft just waxed feeling a month after application.

I say if it's your own, take the time and a do a sealant/wax combo and get the best of both worlds.

Mike T
12-11-2006, 10:01 AM
IF the finish is perfect ( like after polishing) then I will top with a sealant for the longevity. Eventually it gets topped with a nuba. Nuba looks fantastic on black and it helps hide some of the minor scratches and swirls that come about from daily activity.

Demonicus666
12-11-2006, 10:52 AM
How is the Poorboys EX a hybrid???

tonyspop
12-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe we should make this a poll.

What type of protection do you guys/gals prefer?
Carnauba wax, synthetic sealant, or both? Maybe a hybrid selant (Poorboy's EX)? Does it depends on weather outside? And why?
What is your favorite wax/sealant/combo?

I personally am more of 'nuba guy during summer season. Pinnacle Souveran (both paste and liquid), DP Max Wax, and Natty's blue are my favorite for their shine. I usually wax once a month during summer, so extra longetivity was never an issue.

During winter though I usually do seal paint with a sealant, then topping it off with carnauba. This winter my combo is Klasse Twins (x2 SG), and Meguiar's #16 paste x 2.

Just want to see what others use the most.Wolfgang sealant,collinate 476 paste.Collinite hates water.:righton:

Whitethunder46
12-11-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm actually doing my own with a sealant (Wolfgang) and then topping with a carnauba (Max Wax) this week. The 12 hour wait period for a sealant to cure is tough for a business. Most of my customers do not have garages and the dew is crazy here. I'm doing alot of them with 476 which is like a freaking force shield against the elements and seems to last forever. It even keeps the soft just waxed feeling a month after application.

I say if it's your own, take the time and a do a sealant/wax combo and get the best of both worlds.

Does 476 not have a cure time? I should look into that. That's the "double wax" isn't it?

Flyboy
12-11-2006, 12:56 PM
klasse twins + mother pure caranuba x2 right now.

gonna try the DP sealant + mothers on my wifes car sometime

Truls
12-11-2006, 01:43 PM
Using MG #21 + P21s carnauba wax on the Evo, just got the DG 101/105 to use, and will try that with the Liquid Souveran on top (if i dont start with the XMT 1 first)

MG #21 and MG #16 on the Volvo

ryandamartini
12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
in winter south fla... carnaubas.. never above 80 degrees and no rain B)

however in the summer i am starting to like collinite paste, the strength of a sealant without the curing time.

Kelso
12-11-2006, 04:12 PM
its supposed to be a wet winter here in florida this year....but there was also supposed tpo be 75 cat 5 hurricanes lol
i usually seal with Poorboys ex-p and top with liquid souveran. today my white car was reflecting the clouds so perfectly, im loving the LS more and more

Surfer
12-11-2006, 04:23 PM
Mines similar too, white suv, EX-P and Natty's Blue = awsome looks lol. On our other vehicles I have EX-P with Collinite 915 topping it. One thing I haven't tried is just using a carnauba by itself to see how it looks (not topping a sealant).

FloridaNative
12-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Although my mood may change, I always end with a nuba. Even if I have a sealant on I have to top it with a nuba. My absolute favorite is Souveran paste wax. I just love the look it leaves. :)

ScottB
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
I truly feel that sealants have a way to go in order to protect correctly (from birdie doo-doo) and to look wet and deliciious. So for me a carnauba is the best looking product and ones I attract to at shows.

I do however see myself settling for sealants more often on both cars. Originally it was only wifes car, but lately its both. Time is often missing, and sometimes an extra few minutes or rest/relaxation is a worthly choice also.

Gary Sword
12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
I have been using Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant and topping it off with Souveran Paste. I tried Liquid Souveran over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant on one of my white cars for the 1st time last weekend and it did a very nice job. I think the liquid Souveran looks better then the paste on white. Both the Pinnacle and Wolfgang products go on and off very easy which is a big plus for me. I work out of my house and have a number of cars so letting the sealant cure has never been a problem even in the wet Florida summers. If your detailing for a business it might be tough to tie a customer's car up for a couple of days if you use a sealant with a long cure time.