PDA

View Full Version : Astrovan Anyone???

ALLN1WASH
12-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Hello fellas... I purchased as Astro cargo van a little over a month ago and had some serious problems getting everything situated. I asked on the forum for help and got a reply with pics from my buddy Miranda which really set my in the right direction. With that said, I'm still having some problems fitting everything that's needed. Sooo, I'm asking for help once again. Anyone using a similar type unit or van for that matter, how exactly are you set-up. If possible can you please post some pics of the back of your rigs.
Thanks, Thomas

ExoticAutoDetai
12-19-2010, 09:48 AM
Could you please put up pics of how u got everything so far? It would be a lot easier to help I also getting an astro ready for the summer they are great cars :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

D_Nyholm
12-19-2010, 09:30 PM
When i worked for a mobile detailer, we had an astro van. On the left side, there were 3 shelves that held all the waxes, polishes, soaps, cleaners, etc in the autogeek style dispenser bottles and we had the 1 gallon refills in there as well for tire shine and all purpose cleaner. That was on the middle shelf. Top shelf had all the towels and pads. Bottom shelf had the batteries and power inverter. On the right side, we had 75 gallons of water in two tanks, one 50 gallon and one 25 gallon. Closer to the rear doors was the gas pressure washer taken out of its cart. On the left rear door was a 3 gallon shop vac and on the right roor was the water spigot and key hangers. We also had a 3 gallon air compressor and a full paint mixing station behind the drivers seat. This was an extended Astro, but a standard one should be fine especially if you dont' have the paint stuff. There was enough room to walk down the center of the van easily.

The shelves that were used were the standard adjustable metal shelves you would get at home depot, maybe 15" deep each. There were also a decent number of bungee cords used around the van to keep most things secure.

ALLN1WASH
12-30-2010, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the reply Nyholm. Very descriptive!!! To be honest I haven't even dealt with the van since the day I posted this thread. I WILL TOMORROW!!! If anyone else has any input/pics on this topic please help us out, Thanks AG....