PDA

View Full Version : Products with UV protection

davidc
12-18-2010, 04:02 PM
What are your thoughts with products that advertise UV protection?. How well does the UV protection last?. I do not know the science behind this and all I have seen is the advertisements for people to reapply the skin UV protection every few hours but I do not know how this would relate to vehicle wash shampoo, polishes,waxes etc. Would you have to reapply every few hours,weekly,monthly for it to be effective?.

Dave

ScottB
12-18-2010, 06:00 PM
UV protection, added to most products within car care is likely a small sacrificial layer that will need reapplication on a normal basis to help. That said clearcoats probably offer more protection but certainly both used together should help more than it hurts.

davidc
12-20-2010, 04:00 PM
Your right Killer (every little bit helps). After reading your reply and thinking about it I use Zaino products and the ZAIO,Z2,Z-CS,Z7 and Z6 that I use all have UV products in them so I would guess I have multiple layers of protection and using the Z7 for wash and Z6 QD may replenish or add to the UV protection.

Dave

ScottB
12-20-2010, 04:05 PM
I am not sure of the makeup of all Z products but I do believe their spray offers some additional UV protection. Again, even Sal would likely suggest the protection is limited and needs to be reapplied often for best results. He would also add use sparingly as a little goes a long way !!

(you might like Duragloss wash and Four Star UPP which I believe look quite similar as other offerings too, no wrong choice)

CEE DOG
12-20-2010, 04:33 PM
Ultima states many of their sealants are tested for UV in the sun and last months.

davidc
12-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Ultima states many of their sealants are tested for UV in the sun and last months.

If that is the case and some what equal between Ultima and Zaino I should be in good shape for UV. The Zaino boasts Ultra-Gard 40. I was just curious on opinions of the UV statements. Thanks for the info.

Dave