PDA

View Full Version : WDGPS or Menz PowerLock

Pages : [1] 2

IID
12-18-2010, 11:39 AM
I have a detail coming up (2008 Subaru Legacy) and the customer wants a good LSP for winter protection (against road salt primarily).
I have (2) products in mind.Wolfgang DGPS and Menzerna PowerLock.What product do you think would be better durability for the customer's request to last thru the winter month's?
I have both.

BobbyG
12-18-2010, 11:50 AM
My personal favorite is Menzerna Power Lock Paint Sealant.

There's noting wrong with the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant at all, I just prefer the look and performance of Menzerna Power Lock on my vehicles.

Bobby B.
12-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Both products are awesome. You really can't go wrong either way. I personally like the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant the best. Both sealants are very durable and glossy.

ShineTimeDetail
12-18-2010, 11:56 AM
I got the wolfgang during blak Friday but had just put cg sealant on and just couldn't justify taking it off lol. I will be detailing my car here on Thursday for christmas tho and will be trying my new product out. I can't wait!!

IID
12-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Well thats one vote for each.
I know both products leave a nice visual appearance BUT for durability?

PAR Detailing
12-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Hmm I cant comment on durability yet. I have both and both are very easy to apply. I like Power Lock a little better. I like the look and feel of it. I havent had it long enough to say anything about durability.

If I were in your shoes I would go with Power Lock.

reality33
12-18-2010, 12:22 PM
From what I have encountered both seem to have about the same durability. I find the power lock to be just a bit more easy to work with, but not by much.

BobbyG
12-18-2010, 12:36 PM
"I just prefer the look and performance of Menzerna Power Lock on my vehicles". :props:

Marc08EX
12-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I like Menzerna Powerlock better. I don't like how oily the WGDPS is. It does make the look the car REALLY shiny but I'm just afraid that they did this in the expense of its durability.

ESSO
12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
I like both but Power lock is more than dust.

Dubbin1
12-18-2010, 01:16 PM
I don't like how oily the WGDPS is.

Oily??? I have never found it to be oily, are you sure you're shaking it up well?

Marc08EX
12-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Oily??? I have never found it to be oily, are you sure you're shaking it up well?

I use a clear dispenser for this and I didn't use this sealant for a month and it separated. The oil layer was thick too. I shook it really well until it became normal and it took a while before it bonded back together. Anyway, after applying the sealant on the entire car, the foam pad looked and felt very oily. Other sealants such as the powerlock and NXT 2.0 don't give me this observation.

BobbyG
12-18-2010, 01:37 PM
I use a clear dispenser for this and I didn't use this sealant for a month and it separated. The oil layer was thick too. I shook it really well until it became normal and it took a while before it bonded back together. Anyway, after applying the sealant on the entire car, the foam pad looked and felt very oily. Other sealants such as the powerlock and NXT 2.0 don't give me this observation.

Mark,

Excellent Point!

Most if not all products muse me mixed or shaken thoroughly before use. This actually pertains to just about every liquid product we use today.

Shake Thoroughly Before Use :props:

jcarson112
12-18-2010, 01:47 PM
I put two coats of a wdgps on the gti about two months ago. Seems to me that the protection has already wavered a little bit compared to previous applications of powerlock. I prefer menz for this one.

IID
12-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Menzerna PowerLock FTW.

I am running a little low on the WGDGPS (enough for 3-4 more applications).The WGDGPS is around$40/16oz and the Menz PL is around $25/16oz.Depending how the Menz holds up for the winter with this customers application,I will see if I'll even miss the WGDGPS in the future?

Thanks everyone for their input.:props:

I have noticed both products smell VERY VERY simular?