PDA

View Full Version : My most recent order.

DS Detailer
04-16-2006, 02:12 PM
1 - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
1 - P21S Wax
1 - DP Crystal Vision Glass Cleaning kit
1 - DP Wheel Kit

Experiences and tips for these products?

Next thing is the Autogeek Wash Bucket system.

Then i'll buy my own house and make the garage my own little paradise.

I need to pick up some applicators. But I think I'll wait untill we get another discount code. Then I'll load up on EVERYTHING.

I also need seat covers. My leather gets bad, since it's light colored. But I think that going to be my present for my birthday from "Mommy and Daddy."

ScottB
04-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Next thing is the Autogeek Wash Bucket system.

This is on my list also .... never seem to get around to ordering it. Maybe I can scoop one at Detailfest II :p

BlkTac05
04-20-2006, 09:15 PM
DS:
Nice choice of products you have there. You might receive many replies regarding the importance of a good prep prior to your above mentioned product choices, so I'll just stick to your original question. Apply the WG, thinly, with a dampened ( I use #425,Quickshine or Z8 to dampen my apps) quality MF aplplicator pad to clean/dry paint. You can apply it to your entire vehicle before coming back to remove it with a quality MF towel. I like to let the WG sit for 20 minutes or so before removing. The key to the WG Sealant is to let it cure (after removal) for 12-24 hours ( and keep it dry ) before topping it with a carnauba or another layer of WG. As for the P21S Wax..........It's a terrific carnauba. You can apply it with a foam applicator or a MF applicator in a thin layer, applying it to one panel at a time then removing it with a quality MF before going on to your next panel. P21S doesn't need to "flash" or "haze" before removal. It truely is a "wipe on-wipe off" product. I like to wait about 24 hours before I give my wax/sealants a final buffing with #425 or Z8. The DP Krystal Vision is simply an amazing glass cleaner. For really dirty/hazy glass, spray it on the glass & wipe with a MF. Follow up with a dry MF & give the glass a quick buff. For not so dirty/hazy glass, you can even spray a little on a MF & wipe the glass down. Follow up with a dry MF for a quick buff & stand back & admire! It's really impressive stuff! It's streak free & leaves a super slick surface. I can't help you with the DP Wheel kit as for I use other products on my wheels. Enjoy!!

jama
04-21-2006, 06:23 AM
BlkTaco5
Do you dampen the applcator once before starting to apply the sealant or as you go along?

jama

BlkTac05
04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
jama:
Before I begin applying a wax or sealant, I give the mf applicator a good soaking with distilled water & then I wring it out really good. I then use just a "spritz or two" of #425, Z8 or Quickshine on my mf applicator for each panel. This method seems to aid in the "spreadability" of the products I use.

ScottB
04-21-2006, 06:33 PM
jama:
Before I begin applying a wax or sealant, I give the mf applicator a good soaking with distilled water & then I wring it out really good. I then use just a "spritz or two" of #425, Z8 or Quickshine on my mf applicator for each panel. This method seems to aid in the "spreadability" of the products I use.

http://www.autogeek.net/xmt--pad-conditioner.html

this sounds like it just might be an interesting product for you to try :D

ewiesner
04-21-2006, 08:00 PM
I, too just received my latest order from AG. I purchased a bottle of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant and was wondering about preparing the car before applying the sealant. Just 10 days ago I clayed, polished and waxed, do I need to polish again before applying the sealant, or can I just wash and then apply the sealant? Thanks!