PDA

View Full Version : Gift Certificates Pros & Cons

Pages : [1] 2

My Detailing Guys
12-16-2010, 06:27 PM
Just wondering how Mobile Detailers and Fixed Location Detailers feel about Gift Certificates? What are the Pros & Cons.

Thanks for your insight.
Greg

Flash Gordon
12-16-2010, 07:07 PM
Just wondering how Mobile Detailers and Fixed Location Detailers feel about Gift Certificates? What are the Pros & Cons.

Thanks for your insight.
Greg

The pros are you get paid in advance Im the MAN

The cons are when the person who recieves said certificate finally calls. Its always a wreck of a job and its very hard to price. Sell your certificates in $25 increments :props:

My Detailing Guys
12-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Do you offer refunds if someone decides they don't want a detail, and what to use the money someplace else?

Does anyone make custom gift certificates or just generic?

Flash Gordon
12-16-2010, 07:34 PM
Do you offer refunds if someone decides they don't want a detail, and what to use the money someplace else?

NO REFUNDS or EXCHANGES

Does anyone make custom gift certificates or just generic?

You could just go with a generic. I have a freind that was playing around on there computer and came up with a super sharp customer gift certificate. I have no idea how they did it, but I don't believe it required a ton of effort

fancyfootwork
12-16-2010, 08:00 PM
Whenever I see Pros & Cons now I instantly think of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.

My Detailing Guys
12-16-2010, 08:47 PM
I agree with the "No Refund or Exchange". Could get costly.

Perfections
12-16-2010, 09:33 PM
I've been selling them like hotcakes telling everyone they make great stocking stuffers I put the gift card my price list and a business card in a envelop and it's been working great

My Detailing Guys
12-17-2010, 12:01 PM
Does anyone use plastic gift cards like the ones you can get at major retailers?

Flash Gordon
12-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Put an expiration date on it too. July 4th 2011 sounds like enough time to redeem me

jwellsii
12-18-2010, 10:39 AM
Does anyone use plastic gift cards like the ones you can get at major retailers?

Do a google search for (plastic gift cards for business):buffing:

BobbyG
12-18-2010, 11:24 AM
You could specify it's a Gift Certificate for 10% off. This could allow you to be negotiable with your price then make the 10% adjustment.

Just my thoughts..

Flash Gordon
12-18-2010, 11:31 AM
You could specify it's a Gift Certificate for 10% off. This could allow you to be negotiable with your price then make the 10% adjustment.

Just my thoughts..

Pertcentage off GF's....thats brilliant Bobby, that'll keep me from getting jammed :props:

Niele
12-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Put an expiration date on it too...
Check with state and local laws before you do that. For example, expiration dates on gift certificates are illegal in CA unless you meet certain requirements. See this link for more details:
FAQs and Tips on Gift Certificates and Gift Cards: Legal Guide S-11 - California Department Of Consumer Affairs (http://www.dca.ca.gov/publications/legal_guides/s-11.shtml)

So, best to check into these issues before printing those gift certificates.

SeaJay's
12-18-2010, 03:38 PM
I offered gift certs this year. Basically let them select one of my packages, then I give them a 10% their own detail. So, they get something for themselves. I haven't sold any though. I'm still kind of starting out with my own business, so maybe next year I'll have more success.

Grizzly
12-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I sold one back in 2009 and they still have not redeemed it.