PDA

View Full Version : Black GEP Question

07cbrtcevo
12-16-2010, 06:08 PM
I remove swirls in my 07 black Montecarlo with the 105/205 combo and it turned out great. I then tried using blackfire gep with a 7424xp and a gray pad. The product went on good but when I tried removing it didn't want to come off and smeared. Did I do something wrong?

rwright
12-16-2010, 06:16 PM
I remove swirls in my 07 black Montecarlo with the 105/205 combo and it turned out great. I then tried using blackfire gep with a 7424xp and a gray pad. The product went on good but when I tried removing it didn't want to come off and smeared. Did I do something wrong?

I haven't messed with that product yet. Did you clean the polishing oils from the paint with IPA after M105 & M205? And what was your intention with the Gloss Enhancing Polish? How large were the sections you were working the GEP on? How much product did you use? You should do small sections at a time.

Scott DeBrun
12-16-2010, 08:18 PM
Rw has a good point I've used BF gloss enhancer,wet diamond and ivory carnauba and have not had a problem. After using compounds always make sure the vehicle has been wiped clean of the residue.