PDA

View Full Version : leather care kit?

Ridebyshootings
12-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Hello, what leather care products do you all use on your bike seat? Im hoping to give me wife some hints on a kit for Christmas. Thank you! Drew

ScottB
12-10-2006, 08:21 AM
What type of leather ?? Coated or Uncoated ?? If coated almost any product will work as most will be wiped off. Some UV protection will remain. If uncoated, then consider Connolly or Leatherique.

3Dog
12-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Another good question is..Is it leather. I paid 400 for the "leather" seat I wanted. If any portion is leather it is sold as a leather seat. The least expense all leather full seat I have found was around 750.00.
I say this because you may find you just need a vinyl product for most of the seat.

ScottB
12-10-2006, 03:20 PM
most leather products are compatible with vinyl ... and you are correct, not all leather is leather. Infact, alot of car seats use vinyl insets on the sides, while leather on the seating area only. Why ?? Because vinyl is typically less prone to wearing out as quickly.

Ridebyshootings
12-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hello, im assuming it is leather for the most part. Mustang touring seat. I will check it out and let you know. Thanks for the advice! Drew

Lynneslegend
12-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I use the hd leather care kit...but that's because it was given to me...good results though.

BIG AL'S SS
12-26-2006, 11:06 PM
i use pinnacle leathercleaner and conditioner. and it work's great . no sticky greasy mess it restores my leather back to that supple feeling it had when it was new and that new car smell is back too .its like buying an italian leather jacket wich i have many its awsome but if you have a worn hard leather seat like some bike's iv'e seen you"ll want to saddle soap it and then condition it . it will be back to new in no time good luck . iv'e worked with leather for a long time ive tanned ,hand hammered and worked allot with it in all type's of thing's but you'll see this plan work's