PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Car Wax vs Paste wax

Pages : [1] 2 3

drivemax
12-15-2010, 04:15 AM
Greeting to all car crazy folk:dblthumb2:

I'm been using OCW quite sometime and have some strong doubt about durability and protection compare to paste wax...

As we know all wax are a barrier is just to protect the CC...Just feeling it lack of thickness to protect from micro marring from hash environment and washing compare to paste wax ...

Anyone agree with my doubt?

Looking for some good quality paste wax which available locally is M16,M26,3m paste wax and DG105(liquid)...

Anyone have good suggestion compare this few wax?

Thanks

BR
Kenneth

silverfox
12-15-2010, 07:45 AM
I love OCW and its something I put on between paste wax sessions...but their claim that it lasts up to 5 months is not true. Now my Collinite #915 paste wax...that will last 4-5 months in the worse North East conditions.

BobbyG
12-15-2010, 07:51 AM
I love OCW and its something I put on between paste wax sessions...but their claim that it lasts up to 5 months is not true. Now my Collinite #915 paste wax...that will last 4-5 months in the worse North East conditions.

I agree with this as well.

I really like Optimum Spray Wax and use "it" in between washings and it's a real performer. For long lasting protection it's tough to beet Collinite products especially Collinite 845. :props:

Fly bye
12-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Just feeling it lack of thickness to protect

No matter what you put on the paint, ultimately, the layer will be extremely thin, but it's hard to beat M16, or the 846.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Let's say someone was paying me for a detail and wanted their car polished and waxed. If I used optimum car wax for ease of use, would that be fair? Would it at least last a month or two(depending on conditions)?

Fly bye
12-15-2010, 08:50 AM
I use Optimum on the S2K, but it is kept inside of a garage, and is rarely driven, so I couldn't say for sure.

WRAPT C5Z06
12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
I use Optimum on the S2K, but it is kept inside of a garage, and is rarely driven, so I couldn't say for sure.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but the S2K's are sure fun to drive(my friend has one)!

Fly bye
12-15-2010, 08:59 AM
yup, sure is :xyxthumbs:

BobbyG
12-15-2010, 09:00 AM
Let's say someone was paying me for a detail and wanted their car polished and waxed. If I used optimum car wax for ease of use, would that be fair? Would it at least last a month or two(depending on conditions)?

Yes it would.

Waxing a cars finish doesn't mean it must be a pains taking task. Optimum's Spray Wax is a great way to make the finish look great as well as protecting it.

I would feel safe to say it's protection would last between one and two months. I know a number of liquid and paste waxes that last less.

Fly bye
12-15-2010, 09:01 AM
M26 should be available almost anywhere in the states. I like M26 :xyxthumbs:

WRAPT C5Z06
12-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Yes it would.

Waxing a cars finish doesn't mean it must be a pains taking task. Optimum's Spray Wax is a great way to make the finish look great as well as protecting it.

I would feel safe to say it's protection would last between one and two months. I know a number of liquid and paste waxes that last less.
:dblthumb2:

Chris Thomas
12-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Even with a paste, a good even coat is all that will sit on the surface anyway unless you layer...which you can do with OCW also. For added durability without switching to a paste you could layer OCW over a sealant. I don't use it anymore, but M26 used to be a staple product for me on deep solid colors. So if you're just set on a thicker product, it's a good one.

bodavenport
12-15-2010, 12:32 PM
When I am paid to do a wash and wax I use opti-seal topped with Optimum spray wax, looks great and is easy to use.

drivemax
12-15-2010, 12:33 PM
Thanks for those who reply this tread...

For me,without any doubt OCW is a good wax in term of gloss and slickness ..the slickness beat certain paste wax when i did some comparison 50/50 at my car friends...

BUT..I did another tests at a daily use car which never clay before which the finish quite rough...50/50 comparison which end up is the paste wax win OCW...which the paste version improved the "rough" finish slickness more than OCW..And even i try to layer OCW also fail to complete the paste wax result...

BR

Setec Astronomy
12-15-2010, 12:38 PM
I have only used the original version of OCW and not the later one yet, but certainly agree that the durability is not on par with that of some long-lived products. However, if I lived in a climate where washing the car was feasible year-round, and I didn't already have a cabinet full of all kinds of other waxes and sealants, I would definitely consider using only a spray wax or WOWA applied frequently (once or twice a month).