PDA

View Full Version : Listen up autogeek! Ditch the peanuts!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Kris R
12-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Look, I know packing peanuts are cost efective way to ship which translates to lower (pennies??) prices for the customer.

But I'm honestly at a point where Im starting to factor that in my decision to order detail supplies from you.

Its very messy to open your box of polish thats wrapped nicely in bags and then have peanuts go all over the place. I would LOVE to reuse the nice box you ship my stuff in but I need it to contain the nuts!

I had a rather large box of them that went to the curb, sealed up, and there was a huge windstorm at night. I woke up and my entire street was covered in these nuts.

Ive had it!

Im not going to sit here and complain and not offer a solution so here it is...

On your online order form next to the box that asks you what type of shipping you want, MAKE ANOTHER BOX THAT ASKS YOU WHAT TYPE OF PACKING MATERIAL YOU PREFER!

Some people dont give a rats butt what there stuff comes in. But I do! Its a hassle.

Please listen and just take 20 minutes to add a simple check box to your checkout form.

Thanks

ANeat
12-15-2010, 01:17 AM
So what do you prefer?? Just curious. If there is a better option what is it?

FWIW I save my packing in a garbage bag and eventually use it up

ROMEO
12-15-2010, 01:30 AM
You do know that there is a comment box where you can ask them no to use the peanuts, right? They also use the paper for packaging and I'm sure that they would use that if you ask them. ( If I'm not mistaken there was a tread about this about a month back or so ).

tuscarora dave
12-15-2010, 01:47 AM
I would gladly pay an extra dollar for the extra bubble wrap to cut out the peanuts too. However I do kind of like how the last few peanuts in the box kind of levitate in the center of the box sometimes from the static electricity.

arenared
12-15-2010, 02:04 AM
Yes, they can be messy, but for me: Peanuts = Less Damage for heavier items IME. Plus, I reuse them or donate them. Worst case, I recycle them. So, for me, I like them. Can't please all the people all the time.

jimmyjam
12-15-2010, 03:11 AM
I often order samples, and I think it's fun to search for the samples and all the things hiding in there! Kinda like Easter egg hunting.. Just kiddin, they can be a nuisance, but most of the time I'm so excited to get my package I often blow it off. Anyhow isn't detailing supposed to be about patients?

atlanticity
12-15-2010, 04:29 AM
:applause::applause::applause:

Fly bye
12-15-2010, 04:46 AM
No problems here yo.

Product that arrives unscathed = me a happy camper :xyxthumbs:

dougaross
12-15-2010, 06:21 AM
YOU CAN ASK FOR PAPER PACKAGING IN THE COMMENTS BOX. What's the problem?

FastZR1
12-15-2010, 06:58 AM
Yep, like others have said.... AG will pack your stuff in things other than peanuts. You just have to write that in the comment box.
So now you know and that's the great thing about the forum.
Happy Holidays

SeaJay's
12-15-2010, 07:11 AM
First, I think you could have come off a little bit nicer. It may be just the way I read it but everyone at AG is great and they are always willing to help out. You can always call up their customer service line and talk to Penny or some one else and asked about it. I'm sure they can ensure there are no peanuts for you if that is what will make you happy. That really seems to be their number one goal is to ensure their customers are happy.

That being said, I agree the peanuts suck, but if it ensures my products (that I've paid good money for) arrive safely, then I'm all for it. I just dump them in a trash bag and reuse them or recycle them. Not that big of a deal. I'll deal with the peanuts!

And I agree that I love searching through the peanuts for my little samples that are thrown in. I just got a package the other night with my sample of Sonax soap and it took me a few minutes to find it! It's like Xmas morning!

BobbyG
12-15-2010, 07:25 AM
You guys are driving me nuts! :laughing:

Personally I prefer almonds or pistachios! :props:

dougaross
12-15-2010, 07:26 AM

We need some humor in this discussion :xyxthumbs:

Meghan
12-15-2010, 07:51 AM

Great post!!!:props:

But seriously we state this VERY often on this forum, you have your choice, Peanuts are safest with chemicals shipping so that is our default packing material, after all the goal is to ship your items safely. BUT- we have made it very well known that we have other options you just have to put a note in the comments box that you want paper or even bubble wrap. We give choices, you just have to make one and we will provide it.
Simple enough I think.

Mike T
12-15-2010, 10:44 AM
First, I think you could have come off a little bit nicer. It may be just the way I read it but everyone at AG is great and they are always willing to help out. You can always call up their customer service line and talk to Penny or some one else and asked about it. I'm sure they can ensure there are no peanuts for you if that is what will make you happy. That really seems to be their number one goal is to ensure their customers are happy.

That being said, I agree the peanuts suck, but if it ensures my products (that I've paid good money for) arrive safely, then I'm all for it. I just dump them in a trash bag and reuse them or recycle them. Not that big of a deal. I'll deal with the peanuts!

And I agree that I love searching through the peanuts for my little samples that are thrown in. I just got a package the other night with my sample of Sonax soap and it took me a few minutes to find it! It's like Xmas morning!

Great post.