PDA

View Full Version : When it's cold and nasty!

bigirn
12-14-2010, 07:09 PM
Hey Guys when the weather is too cold and nasty for extended periods and you can't properly wash your car, which is hardest on the paint, using no touch car washes or leaving your car dirty?

Thanks for the input!

slickooz
12-14-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm prob going bring it to touch less car wash. I only wished I had a garage to use for winter months. Bringing it to touch less car wash is def better then keeping all the snow and salt on your car.

zliegen
12-14-2010, 07:25 PM
I would go to a touchless car wash (as long as there are no brushes/hanging rags) or wear lots of layers clothes and go to one of the bay washes where you can use the power washer and do it yourself. I'm much more worried about my suspension bits and undercarriage than I am my paint :(

Old Tiger
12-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I have an insulated garage. I do a touchless, go home, take the other one out, put the clean one in, turn on the garage heater and come out an hour or so later and ONR the car. The Xlr doesnt go out in wet weather.

We have a nice touchless that also does undercarriage.

LegacyGT
12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I go to touchless with undercarriage wash so I can get the salt off and slow down the rusting.

BobbyG
12-14-2010, 09:26 PM
I have an insulated garage. I do a touchless, go home, take the other one out, put the clean one in, turn on the garage heater and come out an hour or so later and ONR the car. The Xlr doesnt go out in wet weather.

We have a nice touchless that also does undercarriage.

My routine is very similar.

I mix up a 5 gallon pail of soap and hot water then I'm off to the car wash to use the pressure wand with clean water and blast off the heaviest stuff. Once that's done out comes a car brush and the soap and hot water.

This does a real nice job then in the garage it goes and I fire up the wood stove. actually I started the stove before I left. In the garage and warm up then I go over it with a no rinse product and other detailing products....:props:

J1nx93
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Touchless car wash. I go to the one down the road and it has undercarriage. I pick the cheapest one that just sprays it all off. I don't need their so called "wax" they put on it. I like to just get all of the salt off the frame and body without having to get out and freeze my butt off! :props:

Old Tiger
12-14-2010, 09:39 PM
My routine is very similar.

I mix up a 5 gallon pail of soap and hot water then I'm off to the car wash to use the pressure wand with clean water and blast off the heaviest stuff. Once that's done out comes a car brush and the soap and hot water.

This does a real nice job then in the garage it goes and I fire up the wood stove. actually I started the stove before I left. In the garage and warm up then I go over it with a no rinse product and other detailing products....:props:
Bobby, Us mature guys love our creature comforts! But weve earned it. Good plan!

Mike McDonald
12-14-2010, 11:27 PM
I take it to a touch less, come home and park in the garage and put a fresh coat of wax on. Depending on how snowy it is I do it once a week.