PDA

View Full Version : between polishing and sealing

chasm47
12-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Feed back please--after using a final polish on my cars paint should I use anything to make sure it is clean before using a sealer on it ?

ROMEO
12-13-2010, 10:34 PM
You could try an IPA wipedown to make sure you have removed all of the polish...

ALso, if you are gonna be using a glaze, this would be the time to do that.

FUNX650
12-14-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree an IPA wipe-down would be beneficial.

Romeo: OP stated he had completed the "final polish" phase of his
Detail. Wouldn't applying a 'glaze', which IMO is another
polish, be redundant? Please advise.

SIDE NOTE:[Hey chasm47: What rhymes with chasm?......Um let's see
is it spasm? Possibly. (I get those muscle spasms sometimes when detailing). No. That's not it. I believe the word I'm looking for begins with org... Yes. That's it. I almost get that sensation each time I start my Corvette. I bet you will too!] LOL

ROMEO
12-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I agree an IPA wipe-down would be beneficial.

Romeo: OP stated he had completed the "final polish" phase of his
Detail. Wouldn't applying a 'glaze', which IMO is another
polish, be redundant? Please advise.

SIDE NOTE:[Hey chasm47: What rhymes with chasm?......Um let's see
is it spasm? Possibly. (I get those muscle spasms sometimes when detailing). No. That's not it. I believe the word I'm looking for begins with org... Yes. That's it. I almost get that sensation each time I start my Corvette. I bet you will too!] LOL

You would use a glaze if there are some marks left on the paint that are deeper than what you corrected, and want to fill them up, (That is if you are working with a glaze that has fillers, and no one that is more like a light polish).

FUNX650
12-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Thanks. That helps me out. After polishing, and removing the majority of swirls/small scratches, I've been trying to eliminate all of those annoying marks I then find. Instead of re-polishing ( either due to time restraints or realizing that a re-paint is necessary) I'll try the glaze with fillers approach.