PDA

View Full Version : Please check my method?

fj610
12-13-2010, 07:15 PM
First time PC user. My paint is 6 months old and scratch/swirl free. Its time to reapply the Fuzion and my questions are.

White 5.5" CCS pad with WG paintwork polish enhancer. It says the white pad has some cut, and all i want to do is remove the previous LSP. Should i use a grey CCS instead, or will white be OK? Ive decided to do this every 3 months since the car will sleep outside from now on.

I want to try applying Fuzion with the PC on a blue CCS 5.5". Stupid question, how do i get the fuzion from the jar and onto the pad? The jar is around 2/3 full. Do you think i will end up using more fuzion this way compared with an applicator pad?

Since im using no polish, is it necessary to tape up all the plastic trims when using the PPE and Fuzion?

Thanks Autogeek community!

sspudnick
12-13-2010, 07:30 PM
White pad with PPE is fine. Test your wax first before jumping to removal. It doesnt always last the same amount of time for everyone.

Fuzion is a WOWO product. I personally find it easier for me to apply it to a panel at a time, then wipe it off....Continue to next panel.

The PC is much easier for waxes that need to dry, since you have to apply it to the entire car first....but that's just me! Do whatever you find most comfortable for yourself

sahrcar
12-13-2010, 08:02 PM
If all you want to do is stip off your old wax then polishing with a white pad is a bit overkill. That technique will remove the old wax as well as a thin layer of your clearcoat and dont want to always be thinning your clearcoat unnecessarily. Unless you got swirls and other slight micromarring going on just use some kind of wax stripper. If I want to change waxes on my vehicle I just wash with a strong dose of chem guys citrus wash gloss or do a diluted IPA wipedown. That way Im preserving my clearcoat while still removing the old wax and plus ia once over wipedown is alot easier and quicker than having to do a full one step polish.

Crazy Amos
12-13-2010, 08:23 PM
Unfortunatly I have not had the pleasure of experiencing the Fuzion euphoria....yet (all good things come in time) but maybe I can offer some advice.

First, since there are no scratches swirls etc and Fuzion is strictly a wax with no abrasives, there is no sense of using a pad with cut. The black or blue (if available) should work just fine.
As for the stripping of wax-some say dawn but it's not gauranteed to strip it. I would go with mineral sprite sprayed on a MF towel. Wipe slow and then buff dry if needed-do this AFTER washing.
Id you have time and feel up to it, taping is always a good idea but you can get away without it, as with anything just take your time and cut in around the delicate areas. If some gets on the trim-no worries just use a QD to remove, but don't allow it to dry.

Turn the jar upside down and give it a couple pops and it should come out in a chunk, spread it like you would deodorant on your pad. If it doesn't come out, stick it in the fridge NOT FREEZER to make it a little firmer to allow it to "slide" a little easier out of the jar.

Hope this helps. I am sure others will chime in and maybe even add/correct a couple things I just said. In the end it's your call so just pick what feels and seems right to you.

Bunky
12-13-2010, 08:44 PM
I would just do the WG PPE with a black or blue pad (no need for any cut). You can do an IPA wipedown to really get it clean and then apply the Fuzion with a blue pad.