PDA

View Full Version : Entire Process for C6 Owners , and obviously all others !! (Long Post)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

ScottB
09-30-2007, 10:20 AM
an air compressor can be dangerous and dirty, some spit oil in with the air unless a catch can is specifically attached. I wish a cordless blower was released with ample power and time for two cars.

P1et
09-30-2007, 10:22 AM
an air compressor can be dangerous and dirty, some spit oil in with the air unless a catch can is specifically attached. I wish a cordless blower was released with ample power and time for two cars.

I bought a blower and didn't find it to be as efficient as using a shop vac. The blower is not only used in the garden... It scares me to think that something could get into it and just get catapulted against your paint. My shop vac has a filter attached to it.

mammoth713
08-12-2009, 01:58 AM
so you can chose to either seal OR wax OR SEAL THEN WAX.. correct?

ScottB
08-12-2009, 06:46 PM
yeppers .... and over time the products might change, but the steps are still valid.

trhland
08-12-2009, 08:21 PM
i have to say after trying many wheel cleaners over the years i allways come back to p21s !!! just wish it wasnt so exspensive..

ScottB
08-13-2009, 04:42 PM
try the new Griots .. you might be surprised.

r0ckstrWS6
08-13-2009, 05:02 PM
^ +1 to the Griots

I'm already on my 3rd bottle of that stuff, it works great. lovely apple smell also, makes me want to drink it lol.

mammoth713
11-16-2009, 08:43 PM
if i understood you correctly? you guys use tire foam aerosols for wheel wells?

i have meg's tireshine.. would that work good enough? and you apply it with a toilet brush? (i know you have clearance issues)?

ScottB
11-18-2009, 07:26 PM
I dont use the "foam" aerosols, I use the aerosol sprays like Stoners More Shine Less Time. No need for a brush as these shoot a rather nice pattern and easy to dress entire well, just be careful in a breeze.

garcin
01-23-2011, 09:10 AM
I was just reading your post on the detailing of a black C6 Vette. I learned alot and appreciate the time you spent on it. I am going to try to tackle the swirls on my C6 in the spring with a megs da. Need guidance as to what pads and which polish to use? Any suggestions? Thanks very much for your time.
Gary

Old Tiger
01-23-2011, 10:46 AM
Great write up :)

I hope you don't mind if I ask a question, however... I dressed my wheel wells for the first time today (looking great!) but I'm having some trouble as far as the areas that aren't directly near the tire (like further back in the well). What is the best way of getting there? I can't really get my towel I was using to wipe down the AA tire foam back there, and couldn't really fit the can in there to spray (I didn't want to spray from far away and risk getting a mess all over, including the tread of the tire).

My tC is stock height as well, so techincally I have a lot of space to work with (so not sure how I'm supposed to do it when I finally get it lowered heh)... how do you do it with your tight wells?

thanks, sorry for the verbose question :D
Get Megs All Season Dressing and a garden sprayer. The wand will get in the tight spots and ASD dries to a nice gloss without buffing!

ScottB
01-23-2011, 11:02 AM
I was just reading your post on the detailing of a black C6 Vette. I learned alot and appreciate the time you spent on it. I am going to try to tackle the swirls on my C6 in the spring with a megs da. Need guidance as to what pads and which polish to use? Any suggestions? Thanks very much for your time.
Gary

I still prefer the Menzerna Ceramiclear polishes (SIP, Nano, and 085rd). The original flat pads are very nice and the newer Hydro-tech pads work well too. With any of the random orbitals I moved to 5.5 inch pads and 5 inch backing pads and never looked back. I do however find the Flex a worthy upgrade and investment too.

--- just a reminder this post was several years back ---

mdb917
01-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Get Megs All Season Dressing and a garden sprayer. The wand will get in the tight spots and ASD dries to a nice gloss without buffing!

When you speak of 'garden sprayer' what are you talking about?

BTW: killrwheels I saw this was an old thread but I own a C6 also and wanted to check out your process, I'm glad someone resurrected it.

Beautiful car!

A4 1.8tqm
01-23-2011, 04:46 PM
When you speak of 'garden sprayer' what are you talking about?

BTW: killrwheels I saw this was an old thread but I own a C6 also and wanted to check out your process, I'm glad someone resurrected it.

Beautiful car!

I'm pretty sure he's talking about these- Pinnacle Chemical Resistant Pressure Sprayer with Extension Sprayer, (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacle-sprayer-with-extension.html)