PDA

View Full Version : Can I throw Lake Country pads in washer?

Pages : [1] 2 3

slickooz
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Can they go into the washer and dryer? Or would they last longer if you hand wash them?

bmw5541
12-13-2010, 11:10 AM
Never wash your pads in a washing machine and dryer. DO them by hand with a dedicated pad washing product, or spray with a APC and work it in real good with your hands and rinse in warm water. Squeeze out as much of the water as possible, without wringing out. Let dry on a vented shelf in a clean space.

slickooz
12-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Thanks! My friend has one of those universal pad bucket cleaner, that he doesn't really use. I might buy it off him when I have extra funds.

loudog2
12-13-2010, 11:40 AM
I throw mine in the washer and let them air dry felt up.

Emm
12-13-2010, 11:45 AM
I throw mine in the washer and let them air dry felt up.

How do they turn out? What detergent do you use?

Crazy Amos
12-13-2010, 12:10 PM
I use the towel drying method Mike has on here, works very well. I also bought a simple dish drying rack. It lifts them and allows air to access the foam when laying face down. I can fit six 6.5 pads easily at one tme.

aerogt01
12-13-2010, 12:12 PM
Note: Meguiar's Softbuff 2.0 pads are machine washable.

I would use the same thing I use for my m/f's, or DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator. Now that's some good stuff!

goathead
12-13-2010, 12:30 PM
I use the towel drying method Mike has on here, works very well. I also bought a simple dish drying rack. It lifts them and allows air to access the foam when laying face down. I can fit six 6.5 pads easily at one tme.

Oooh, what's the towel drying method?

Crazy Amos
12-13-2010, 12:45 PM
use a thick mf towel or terry towel and fold the pad in it. Press the towel against the pad and all of the water transfers from the pad to the towel. Works really quick. Mike has a post somewhere on here, cant remember exactly what its called....

Oooooh, did that blow your mind or what!!!!

goathead
12-13-2010, 12:48 PM
use a thick mf towel or terry towel and fold the pad in it. Press the towel against the pad and all of the water transfers from the pad to the towel. Works really quick. Mike has a post somewhere on here, cant remember exactly what its called....

Oooooh, did that blow your mind or what!!!!

...trippy, :D I usually just spin them out on the machine. I'll have to try it though.

Crazy Amos
12-13-2010, 12:50 PM
Haha, if my towel is soaked i will do that, I just prefer to keep the water from slinging. Personal preference....thats all.:)

loudog2
12-13-2010, 01:12 PM
How do they turn out? What detergent do you use?
I actually throw them in the washer after I soak and thumb wash them in a bucket with DP pad rejuv. I then put them in the wash with some microfibers(used to remove polish) using microrestore.

Shawn T.
12-13-2010, 01:20 PM
I was actually just looking for this answer. Glad I can put them in the wash. It will make things much easier.

slickooz
12-13-2010, 01:49 PM
How many washer till the pads will break apart? The backing is velco, I thought it can damage the pads.

indianaryan
12-13-2010, 01:55 PM
How many washer till the pads will break apart? The backing is velco, I thought it can damage the pads.

Somewhere between 1 and 100? Who knows really? Depends on alot of things. I would recommend testing 1 a few times and seeing how it holds up.