PDA

View Full Version : New to rinseless washing

Pages : [1] 2

AMarkham40
12-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey guys. Its 22 degrees outside with 40mp wind gusts and my car is filthy after some rain/snow this weekend. I have been reading about rinseless washing and might give it a try. I have a three year old bottle of ONR (older formula not the new one) and I just recieved a bottle of UWW Concentrate. Which one should I use for the rinseless wash? I have two buckets, a Mothers wool wash mitt, and several microfiber towels to use when doing this. Thanks for any feedback.

zliegen
12-13-2010, 10:05 AM
I would use the ONR for rinseless wash, its cheaper in that application. Save the UWW for waterless wash, that's where it shines.

bmw5541
12-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I would use the ONR as well. Use the 2 buckets and at least one grit guard. Also use warm water, if you are washing in cold weather. Do one section at a time starting with the top, and work your way down. After each pas you do with your wash media, if the remaining water on the car looks clean, then wipe with a quality MF towel, and proceed to the next section. If the water on the panel still looks dirty, do another pass with the ONR. If the car is excessively dirty, then spray first with ONR mixed to a QD strength, and then proceed to do the ONR wash.

Once you get the hang of ONR, it will be something that you will never be without again.:xyxthumbs:

Chris Thomas
12-13-2010, 11:46 AM
Go ahead an use the ONR. Once you start rinseless washing, you will love it and you'll go thru that gallon quick. Like Barry said, use warm water and washing in winter is painless. I like that I'm the only one going thru town that has a clean car in bad weather, LOL.

dougaross
12-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Go ahead an use the ONR. Once you start rinseless washing, you will love it and you'll go thru that gallon quick. Like Barry said, use warm water and washing in winter is painless. I like that I'm the only one going thru town that has a clean car in bad weather, LOL.

ONR wash. I had a clean car for 5 hours until the weather turned to crap.

Mike Phillips
12-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Used a rinseless wash for both of these because the weather has been so cold that I didn't want to use a normal wash to wash them...

KISS Detail - Extreme Makeover - Toyota Highlander (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/30979-kiss-detail-extreme-makeover-toyota-highlander.html)

Dodge Neon Extreme Makeover with Dodo Juice (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/31073-dodge-neon-extreme-makeover-dodo-juice.html)

Quick and easy... plus we stayed warm...

:)

BillyJack
12-13-2010, 05:02 PM
Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh it was mid-30's with light rain. My daily driver was dirtier than I could tolerate, and the garage wasn't available. I washed it with ONR in the rain and used a water blade to get the ONR off. Didn't even attempt to towel it off as the rain never stopped. Thanks to the ONR the surface stayed reasonably clean thru the overnight snow.
Be careful with that ONR stuff. It will make you goofy.

Bill

Dan Metzler
12-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Still reading every ONR thread I can get my hands on. I did buy some ONR but still afraid to try it...I am so close to trying it just figuring out what wash media I want to use. Also just how much water ends up on the garage floor after doing a complete car with ONR?

Hope I did not :hijacked:!!

dougaross
12-13-2010, 05:32 PM
Still reading every ONR thread I can get my hands on. I did buy some ONR but still afraid to try it...I am so close to trying it just figuring out what wash media I want to use. Also just how much water ends up on the garage floor after doing a complete car with ONR?

Maybe an hypnotist would help.:dblthumb2:
I have an opti-mit which I have used once. I am not sure that I don't like my grout sponge better. Need to use mit more to to see if I change my mind. As to water on the floor - my car was pretty dirty so I pre-sprayed with about 1/2 gallon for whole car and then there was 2 gallons of ONR mix gone from my wash bucket. So 2 1/2 gallons on my floor. Though somebody said just a few drops on floor but I don't believe that.

BillyJack
12-13-2010, 05:34 PM
I typically use less than a gallon for a midsize car. Doesn't leave enough on the floor to worry about, even in colder weather. I'll likely use it year-round just for the water-saving benefit.
Bill

Rsurfer
12-13-2010, 05:40 PM
Maybe an hypnotist would help.:dblthumb2:
I have an opti-mit which I have used once. I am not sure that I don't like my grout sponge better. Need to use mit more to to see if I change my mind. As to water on the floor - my car was pretty dirty so I pre-sprayed with about 1/2 gallon for whole car and then there was 2 gallons of ONR mix gone from my wash bucket. So 2 1/2 gallons on my floor. Though somebody said just a few drops on floor but I don't believe that.
Use the new Optimum waterless wash (OOC, or Ultima ww) if you don't want water on the floor.

Chris Thomas
12-13-2010, 06:09 PM
...Still reading every ONR thread I can get my hands on...

Did you read mine? ONR: The Definitive Thread

...As to water on the floor - my car was pretty dirty so I pre-sprayed with about 1/2 gallon for whole car and then there was 2 gallons of ONR mix gone from my wash bucket. So 2 1/2 gallons on my floor. Though somebody said just a few drops on floor but I don't believe that.

A thick MF slightly rang out is the best wash media if you want less on the floor. Opti Mitt released very well and holds a lot of ONR and the GS is similar, so everything that is not on the car and drying towel is gonna be on the floor.

dougaross
12-13-2010, 07:48 PM

A thick MF slightly rang out is the best wash media if you want less on the floor. Opti Mitt released very well and holds a lot of ONR and the GS is similar, so everything that is not on the car and drying towel is gonna be on the floor.

I just got a gift of extra 6 mf towels for the 12 days of xmas. So I'll plent of towels for next ONR wash.

Old Tiger
12-13-2010, 08:03 PM

Take the plunge! I like the new Opti Mitt but it dumps water from the seams on vertical panels. LC Garage Sponge loses least water IME.

Dan Metzler
12-13-2010, 09:42 PM

Probably did...they are all starting to run together

Very good point! The least amount of water on the floor the better. I am anal about my floor just as much as my cars.