PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Products

Pages : [1] 2 3

BobbyG
12-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Combine product recommendations by all of you with my own curiosity, I took the plunge! I've never heard a bad review or even a "they're OK".

Part of my latest order included a couple of Ultima products.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus +

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/Ultima.jpg

Ultima Trim & Tire Guard Plus +

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s225/BobbyG53/Detailing/UltimaTireTrim.jpg

It'll be a while before I try them but I'll be prepared when I do! :props:

If anyone has anything add; Tips, Tricks, Comments, or Recommendations don't be shy!! Im the MAN

GTPpilot
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
The tire and trim gaurd has changed my life. My wife who kinda doesnt car about a detailed car has not stopped talking about the difference it made on her car. Clients frequently tell her her car looks amazing and how polished it looks......however it's the other details such as trim that really make the difference in overall appearance in this case. Her car (acura mdx) has tons of plastic and rubber trim.

ScottB
12-12-2010, 06:40 PM
two great products and very easy to use too.

CEE DOG
12-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Excellent choice Bobby!! I don't think you'll be disapointed. Let me know when your about to use it and I'll PM you my long winded repetitive tips. :laughing:

Actually I'll just copy paste it here later tonight.

The main thing is the amount you use is very very little.

Jeff120
12-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Im thinking of trying these as well Bobby, I wonder if those 2 products are the same. From the description they kinda sound like it.

DaHen
12-12-2010, 07:13 PM
I put the Tire & Trim Guard Plus+ on the tires yesterday while the weather was some what mild. Along with the Aquapel on the windshield.
Will keep an eye on the tires to see how the Guard holds up.

JonMiles
12-12-2010, 08:01 PM
One thing i notice with UPGP is that it increases your finger's sensitivity to feeling contaminates in the paint. Make sure to clay very well and use a paint cleaner to make the paint silky smooth before application.

Also for the UTTG, it doesn't bond well to anything that is not super clean. Make sure to clean everything very well so it lasts as long as it can. You will love the look of it on any trim or tire. Buffing off after drying may be necessary on smooth plastic trim.

BobbyG
12-12-2010, 08:02 PM
Im thinking of trying these as well Bobby, I wonder if those 2 products are the same. From the description they kinda sound like it.

I'm really hoping not because one 's titled Paint Guard and the other Trim & Tire. :dunno:

Direct from the Ultima Page

Ultima Paint Guard Plus

Ultima Paint Guard Plus, containing Polycharger Wax Booster technology, is the longest lasting, clearest and easiest paint protection you can apply to your car.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a hyper-concentrated formula. A single 12 ounce bottle is enough product to properly treat your tires and trim for a full year. A small amount of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus goes a long way to coat, seal, protect and beautify tires, wheels (painted, chrome, polished), bumper trim, plastic grills, fascia, valances, rocker panels and the engine compartment.

I'm curious why you feel they're the same?

akimel
12-12-2010, 08:29 PM
I use UPGP on our CR-V and use it on paint, trim, and cladding. I guess I'm too lazy to use two different products when UPGP works so well on everything. But this fall, when I switched to 1000p for the winter, I applied UTTGP to the trim and cladding--two months later it is still looking good, though I think it may be starting to wear out on the windshield cowl.

Jeff120
12-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Bobby, a description I read some where, just about how they are nanotechnology polymer based products. Just sounded like they are the same products just relabeled.

CEE DOG
12-12-2010, 09:46 PM
I put the Tire & Trim Guard Plus+ on the tires yesterday while the weather was some what mild. Will keep an eye on the tires to see how the Guard holds up.

If you cleaned the tires nicely it will hold up for a very long time. You can use it on your rims as well.

Also for the UTTG, it doesn't bond well to anything that is not super clean. Make sure to clean everything very well so it lasts as long as it can. You will love the look of it on any trim or tire. Buffing off after drying may be necessary on smooth plastic trim.

Jon is right-
For porous surfaces you wipe it on very thin and leave it.
For non-porous surfaces (chrome, metal, some plastics) apply it very thin as well and then buff it off after a bit

CEE DOG
12-12-2010, 09:50 PM

I'm pretty sure these are different products. Ultima makes great sealants for each of the surfaces. They all smell similar enough but I suspect if you were to put UPGP on your leather it wouldn't feel the same as UIGP does.

The Ultima Tire and Trim was tested and stays on the surface up to and beyond 500 degrees F... Great for under the hood.

Heres a little FAQ:

ULTIMA TIRE & TRIM GUARD PLUS FAQ
How many applications can I get with a bottle of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus?
Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is a highly concentrated protectant for all exterior trim, including your engine and wheels. A single ounce is enough product to properly treat four tires and wheels 3-4 times. Most new users have a tendency to use too much product, which is not necessary. A single bottle of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is enough product properly treat most vehicles for a full year.

When I apply Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus to my tires it does not look glossy. Is this normal?
Each type and brand of tire will react a little differently. Most tires will need 2-3 coatings of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus to achieve an initial seal. This is normal. Once the initial seal is achieved, your tires will stop absorbing the product and you will see a nice gloss form with each additional coat. Allow the product to dry completely between coats. If you do not want a glossy tire, apply two base coats and maintain with a thin coat as needed.

Does Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus contain UV protection?
Absolutely! Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus contains premium UV inhibitors that stop oxidation (browning) and UV deterioration dead in their tracks. In fact, there is no better treatment for RVs, trailers and other vehicles that sit for long periods.
How long does Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus take to dry or cure?
In most cases, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus will be dry to the touch in 5 to 10 minutes, but not cured. Depending on the temperature and humidity, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus will fully cure in about 12 hours. When cured, which means the polymers have fully cross linked, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is providing full protection and will not wash off.

Can Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus be layered for more depth and gloss?
Yes, but please allow the previous coat to dry completely to the touch before adding a second coat. On tires and other rubber surfaces, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus dries to the touch in 5 to 10 minutes. On plastic, allow 15 to 20 minutes. Chrome, polished metal and painted wheels will need 30 to 45 minutes between coatings.
Can Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus be used on large areas of plastic, like on my SUV's plastic cladding or truck bed liner?
Yes, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus will seal and treat these surfaces better than any other product available. You will notice a rich-looking sheen that beads water for up to a year. For best UV protection, we recommend application 3-4 times a year.

Can Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus be applied over another manufacturer's trim dressing product?
You bet, but for best results we recommend a thorough cleaning first. In our experience, Dawn dishwashing liquid will easily wash away all other products. After this thorough cleaning, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus will apply easily and look great!
Can I really use Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus on my engine?
Yes! We have tested Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus to temperatures in excess of 500 degrees f. The only surface that gets too hot for Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus is the exhaust system (exhaust manifold, turbocharger, exhaust heat shields, etc.). On these surfaces, Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus will gracefully evaporate without discoloration.
What is the shelf life of Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus?
We are not aware of any issues reducing shelf life. Due to the product's reactive nature with oxygen.

CEE DOG
12-12-2010, 09:51 PM
ULTIMA PAINT GUARD PLUS FAQ

How many applications can I get with a bottle of Ultima Paint Guard Plus?
Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a highly concentrated car wax (paint sealant). A single ounce is enough product to wax (seal and treat) 8 to 10 vehicles, including the glass. Most new users have a tendency to use too much product, which is not necessary and causes drying time to increase. A single bottle of Ultima Paint Guard Plus is enough product to coat 50 full-size vehicles.

How long does it take to apply Ultima Paint Guard Plus?
On average it takes 5 to 10 minutes to complete a vehicle. It's very fast and easy. Heavy rubbing is never required.

When I apply Ultima Paint Guard Plus it looks like it has streaks. Is this normal?
Yes, this is normal. Allow the product to dry completely. Whatever you do, do not get anxious and wipe the surface with a towel. Allow Ultima Paint Guard Plus to dry completely so it can form its protective barrier. It will amaze you!

Does Ultima Paint Guard Plus contain UV protection?
Absolutely! Ultima Paint Guard Plus contains premium UV inhibitors tested in the hot, intense California and Florida sunshine.
I applied Ultima Paint Guard Plus and it took a long time to dry, much longer than the bottle says. Does this mean I applied too much?
Yes, you most likely used far too much Ultima Paint Guard Plus. If you apply the product "wet", it will take much longer to dry. Remember to always use Ultima Paint Guard Plus very sparingly. A small car can be fully covered in less than 20 sprays with our micro-fine sprayer. A full-size SUV takes about 40 sprays. If you apply too much product, simply allow it to dry overnight.
How long does Ultima Paint Guard Plus take to dry or cure?
Ultima Paint Guard Plus can be dry to the touch, but not cured. Depending on the temperature and humidity, Ultima Paint Guard Plus can dry in as little as 15 minutes, but it can take as long as a few hours. Curing, which means the polymers have fully cross linked, requires a full 6+ hours. We recommend allowing your car to sit overnight before wiping.

Can Ultima Paint Guard Plus be layered for more depth and gloss?
Yes, but please allow the previous coat to dry for at least 12 hours. You can apply as many coats as you like.
Can Ultima Paint Guard Plus be used on trim/plastic surfaces, like on my SUV/truck's plastic cladding?
Yes, Ultima Paint Guard Plus will seal and treat these surfaces, but we created Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus as the ultimate treatment for plastic and rubber.
Can Ultima Paint Guard Plus be applied over another manufacturer's wax product?
You bet! Although we recommend first using Ultima Paint Prep Plus, many people have used Ultima Paint Guard Plus over other (fully cured) wax products with very good results. In all cases, Ultima Paint Guard Plus will increase gloss and durability.
Can I use Ultima Paint Guard Plus as a quick detail spray?
No, you would waste a lot of money and make a mess! Ultima Paint Guard Plus is a very high performance polymer paint sealant. It is 10 to 15 time more concentrated than any cream or paste wax available. It will easily offer long term gloss and protection for up to 9 months. It may be as easy to use as a detail spray, but please don't use it like one.
What is the shelf life of Ultima Paint Guard Plus?
We are not aware of any issues reducing shelf life. Due to the product's reactive nature with oxygen, the sprayer will fail if the cap is not applied after use.

CEE DOG
12-12-2010, 09:54 PM
I wonder if those 2 products are the same. From the description they kinda sound like it.

Jeff, I'll call Sam up and ask him for a direct answer to that.

Jeff120
12-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Well, I just ordered both so Ill have to test them out myself! You can call if you like, but Id be willing to bet that even if they were the same they would tell you they werent. They are in it to make a profit!