PDA

View Full Version : a HUGE THANK YOU to AG!!!!

Make it shine!
12-11-2010, 11:04 AM
First off AG has always been outstanding when it customer service!!

Yesterday Penny saved me and my family potentially thousands of dollars and months a trouble and agravation. My wife decided to make a purchase yesterday online for my upcoming birthday. Im the MAN Penny innocent enough called me up saying her cc was declined due to the incorrect billing address being inputed. Instead of us losing our mind on Penny we called the bank to find out what was going. Well to our surprise the bak had a totaly different billing address for us, someone had changed it two months ago without us knowing. We immediately called all our banks and cc companies to find out that someone out there was using my wifes infomration to open cc accounts and committing identity theft.

So THANK YOU PENNY AND AG for being diligent in your cc billing and actually double checking all the information. Who only knows how bad this could have been if it was not found yesterday.

Have a great Holiday Season and all of us in the Resnick house are thankful for your diligence.

IID
12-11-2010, 11:19 AM
That could of been a disaster:

:props:'s to AG!

SeaJay's
12-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Outstanding customer service as always from AG!! Glad they saved you a headache...but this happened two months ago? Hope they didn't rack up too much CC debt in your wife's name over that time!

pfix
12-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I also had a very similar experience with my CC that was brought to my attention by AG. If your card gets declined and you know you are nowhere near your credit limit, you had better really take a close look at what is going on.

Here are a few things I have learned from dealing with CC identity theft.

1) Scan your computer for viruses. I had multiple and I believe this may have been how they captured my info.

2) Call the credit reporting agencies like Trans Union Credit and have them put a fraud alert watch on your accounts. There is no charge for this and it is very easy to do, just a little time spent on the phone.

3) Set up fraud alerts if available with your CC provider. I get an e-mail anytime a transaction is processed over my specified dollar amount I have set up.

4) Monitor your card transactions frequently to check for unauthorized transactions. Most CC providers have online account info available.

5) Consider fraud protection. Life Lock and the credit reporting agencies offer these services for a fairly reasonable fee. This was recommended to me by a Police Detective who deals with fraud and identity theft on a daily basis.

I hope this info helps someone. Identity theft is major pain in the butt and is unbelievably time consuming and frustrating to straighten out.

Flash Gordon
12-11-2010, 11:40 AM
First off AG has always been outstanding when it customer service!!

Yesterday Penny saved me and my family potentially thousands of dollars and months a trouble and agravation. My wife decided to make a purchase yesterday online for my upcoming birthday. Im the MAN Penny innocent enough called me up saying her cc was declined due to the incorrect billing address being inputed. Instead of us losing our mind on Penny we called the bank to find out what was going. Well to our surprise the bak had a totaly different billing address for us, someone had changed it two months ago without us knowing. We immediately called all our banks and cc companies to find out that someone out there was using my wifes infomration to open cc accounts and committing identity theft.

So THANK YOU PENNY AND AG for being diligent in your cc billing and actually double checking all the information. Who only knows how bad this could have been if it was not found yesterday.

Have a great Holiday Season and all of us in the Resnick house are thankful for your diligence.

WOW, thats customer service delievered at a whole nother level. Thats really looking after the customer and being on your toes. WAY TO GO PENNY!!! :righton:

Make it shine!
12-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Outstanding customer service as always from AG!! Glad they saved you a headache...but this happened two months ago? Hope they didn't rack up too much CC debt in your wife's name over that time!

Yup just about 2 months, we have 9 month old twins so things like bank statements and such have kinds been neglected for a bit, but not anymore. We don't have an exact figure as of yet but it doesn't look too bad. The annoying part is all of my wifes assets in the bank under her name and joint accounts have been frozen for a few days.

DetailedByPrecision
12-11-2010, 02:37 PM
awesome save!

WestEnd
12-11-2010, 03:05 PM
...Consider fraud protection. Life Lock and the credit reporting agencies offer these services for a fairly reasonable fee. ..

I saw on CSI: Miami that the CC fraud protection company was only set up to steal all of your information...

OK maybe that's not reality.

That turned out to be a great Bday gift from your wife and AG!!!