PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever wonder were they went????

Pages : [1] 2 3

trhland
12-10-2010, 08:24 AM
members that used to be very active posting like crazy . really into detailing and they just disapered. (lauren) comes to mind and many others . anyone wonder were some of the older members went ? i hope they didnt fall sick or anything..

Setec Astronomy
12-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Eh, Fluxy (Mindflux) is notorious for coming and going--he said once he just gets fed up with things (not necessarily the forum) periodically and needs a change of activities.

I haven't been here long enough to really think of anyone else you might be referring to. There seem to be tons of other detailing forums and I tend to be a one-forum kind of guy, but there are plenty of members that seem to post the same thing on multiple forums, or jump around to different ones, concentrating on different ones at different times.

Of course, people, as you know, have problems in their lives, or for whatever reason, decide that forum posting or detailing are not a priority in their lives at the moment. And then there's the people who get a new car (or have a specific problem they need solved) and get all amped up about detailing and then lose interest later.

trhland
12-10-2010, 08:54 AM
Eh, Fluxy (Mindflux) is notorious for coming and going--he said once he just gets fed up with things (not necessarily the forum) periodically and needs a change of activities.

I haven't been here long enough to really think of anyone else you might be referring to. There seem to be tons of other detailing forums and I tend to be a one-forum kind of guy, but there are plenty of members that seem to post the same thing on multiple forums, or jump around to different ones, concentrating on different ones at different times.

Of course, people, as you know, have problems in their lives, or for whatever reason, decide that forum posting or detailing are not a priority in their lives at the moment. And then there's the people who get a new car (or have a specific problem they need solved) and get all amped up about detailing and then lose interest later.

i agree maybe problems in there lives. totoland mach havnt seen him in a while.

BobbyG
12-10-2010, 09:04 AM
It's the nature of people, their situations, interests, and so on. There are several forums I used to frequent and they were dependent on my interests at that point on life's time-line.

Life's is dynamic and I'm sure the trend will continue.

trhland
12-10-2010, 09:23 AM
im on a bunch of other forums and id see a member posting everyday for years and then gone. and not even on anyother site. hmm wierd. maybe they died / in jail or sick. im sure there not sick of detailing lol

Mike T
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Sometimes we forget about the things that bring us joy.

dublifecrisis
12-10-2010, 10:10 AM
I know I haven't been posting much. I do miss the geek but work has been crazy. I'm on the site often but don't post much. You're right though, I don't see a lot of the ol timers as much.

trhland
12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I know I haven't been posting much. I do miss the geek but work has been crazy. I'm on the site often but don't post much. You're right though, I don't see a lot of the ol timers as much.
i dont post show and shines really anymore . i have 3 kids my own business . and really dont have the time. but if you guys dont see me around one day then either my wife murdered me or i droped dead.

trhland
12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
:D

feslope
12-10-2010, 10:39 AM
About 15 years ago I used to wake up a lot wondering where I went, and sometimes where I was. :nomore:

Meghan
12-10-2010, 11:12 AM
I have spoken to a couple that have been mentioned so I will speak about the common reasons for an absence. One is job change I know a few that have been very involved on here because they could at their office and now no longer can. Some retire from detailing or change professions... and some do what I do with the gym.... Go everyday, to the point of where you need a break.
I know a couple of heavy posters that I still keep contact with that are not on here anymore, but they had family problems that just changed their priorities really fast.
Everyone has a life outside of here and it changes, with changes you will see posters come and go. One thing is we are always happy to see them here and when they love we love when they come back. It's like an old friend coming back from vacation!

trhland
12-10-2010, 01:10 PM
I have spoken to a couple that have been mentioned so I will speak about the common reasons for an absence. One is job change I know a few that have been very involved on here because they could at their office and now no longer can. Some retire from detailing or change professions... and some do what I do with the gym.... Go everyday, to the point of where you need a break.
I know a couple of heavy posters that I still keep contact with that are not on here anymore, but they had family problems that just changed their priorities really fast.
Everyone has a life outside of here and it changes, with changes you will see posters come and go. One thing is we are always happy to see them here and when they love we love when they come back. It's like an old friend coming back from vacation!

very well said. its kinda like i miss them . hopefully were ever they are there ok.

Dubbin1
12-10-2010, 01:52 PM
It would be nice if a few others would forget about this place too :D

Fly bye
12-11-2010, 12:52 AM
anyone wonder were some of the older members went ?

Not until you brought it up http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/images/smilies/scratchhead.gif

ScottB
12-11-2010, 06:58 AM
Gosh I remember the first year of the forum when Jennifer, Surfer, Wystang and more were on everyday. I remember when Pinnacles Paste Glaz first got discontinued. I remember Pinnacles Cycle line and Cycle Glaz. It is however very cool and fun to watch the forum evolve and members too. We respect those that have moved on or are gone temporarily and hope they will revisit from time to time as possible.