PDA

View Full Version : How do i fix this???

Pages : [1] 2

ALLN1WASH
12-09-2010, 08:10 PM
How's it going fellas? I really got myself into a major jam this time. This is the story of the nice guy getting burned!!!

Yesterday I received a call from my older brother wanting to borrow my detailing trailer(this is a 1st). He went on to tell me he wanted to clean his vehicles, and also had a neighbor's car in need of cleaning. For what ever reason he was able to talk me into this, so i handed over the keys.

Two hour later I get that Phone call, "We got a Problem"....

Needless to say, the damn fool ran the generator next to the water tank and buned a hole straight through... I dont have a photo just yet, but from what he's telling me, its about the size of a softball. IDK if anyone has ever experienced anything like this or not, but I(we) sure could use some guidence...

Thanks for the help fella, Thomas

350z00m
12-09-2010, 08:17 PM
sorry to hear about the situation your in. i'm sure your brother is sorry and didnt mean to do it. but from expericance.... there are guys who can fix it.... Plastic moldings.... preaty much they take as peice of platic and shave the tank in your situation to make it smooth again... then they heat/bond the new peice to the tank so its Air tight and wont leak. i've seen this done before and it was maybe 4 years ago? and its holding up very well...... food for thought.. not sure what it costs tho. mabe putting heat shield/wrapping aroubnd the tank next tme ?

hope this helps.

Jay

Lasthope05
12-09-2010, 08:18 PM
The only solution I can think of that would fix/help is to fiberglass the hole shut.

ROMEO
12-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Is the tank pressurized? Maybe you can try to cut a pice of plastic, about 2 inches bigger than the hole and put it from the inside, and then you can use some of the silicone used on fish tanks, or you could also use some quick steel, I have used this on radiators.

This could be a quick fix to get you back in business and hold you while he buys you a new tank ASAP...

Flash Gordon
12-09-2010, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry, I hate myself for laughing at someone elses misfortune, but this thread is funny :laughing:

Bottom line is it sounds like your brother owes you a new tank. Or at the least, 50% of the cost. Good luck collecting on that :laughing:

ALLN1WASH
12-09-2010, 09:07 PM
lol...yea your right it is pretty funny, but I tell ya, I was pissed yesterday. He offered to replace to tank, but thats my brother a I know he cant really afford it right now. Im glad to see the reply, that this ca be fixed, and I actyally just got off the phonewith my buddy who claims he'll have me back together by noon tomorrow.

Lets hope it works.....

350z00m
12-09-2010, 09:14 PM
whats hes process of fixing it? if u dont mind me askin

slickooz
12-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Good luck, hope everything turns out fine.

ROMEO
12-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Cool!!! So that means we should have pics of the repair by 1... J/k.

Hope it works out!!!

Cosmin
12-09-2010, 09:27 PM
take him with u on few jobs that way he cover the expenses for a new tank

Jons6.7
12-09-2010, 09:39 PM
yeah sounds like you have a new wheel/engine scrubbing guy on the weekends. I hope it gets fixed for ya. I to have ended up on the recieving end of a loaned item coming back "modified" and you just have to shrug it off or never let people borrow stuff because freaking over it is never worth it.

Flash Gordon
12-09-2010, 09:40 PM
take him with u on few jobs that way he cover the expenses for a new tank

Or cost him even more $$$ :laughing:

slickooz
12-09-2010, 09:54 PM
:haha:

tuscarora dave
12-09-2010, 10:04 PM
I would assume that it is a polypropylene tank, Polypro can be welded with a plastic welder. I have welded lots of polypro and PVC. I am not sure where you could find someone that does it though.

tuscarora dave
12-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Harbor Freight tools has 3 different plastic welders and plastic welding rods listed on their website.