PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss #111 vs. #105

YankeeFan
12-08-2006, 03:35 PM
Does the 105 have more abrasives than the 111, since the 111 description specifies it is for clear coat, it isn't really a polish .... yet 105 doesn't mention it's abrasiveness.

Howard

ryandamartini
12-08-2006, 04:01 PM
111 is a PURE sealant, containing no abrasives or cleaners. 105 contains mild cleaners. 105 however keeps its looks a tad longer and the stuff never comes off!

Al-53
12-08-2006, 05:17 PM
111 does have a cleaner..on my box it says " Cleans Shines and Protects in One easy step....but just cause it says cleaner does not mean it is a strong cleaner...just enough to take off any residual fall out that a soap will not remove....

Remember ..DG was not directing their products to nuts like us..they were marketed to the consumer who just does a wash and waxes....so DG covered the bases to ensure their product works.. It is far better than the 99.9% of the OTC out there...

There is a new product in the making for the enthusiast ..All i was told is it is in the research stage now...

Now the 105 has a mild cleaner also....to do the same..clean off surface grime..the cleaners will not act upon the sealants when layered due to the chemical composition of the products...they can be layered with no adverse effects...

101 has the strongest cleaner..it will remove the above sealants...it has micro abrasives also....but does leave a sealant finish...

Order of durability

105 ..the newest and best looking and most durable

111...very good looking and durable....

101...strong cleaner...durable ..but not like the above..good looks ..not layerable due to cleaners

hope this helps

AL

ryandamartini
12-08-2006, 05:43 PM
So 111 would have the least effective cleaner ?

ScottB
12-08-2006, 05:54 PM
I have used 111 several times, and there is no decernable cleaning effect, I liken it to Zaino Z2 as an almost pure sealant. In visiting the 105, and reading the description, I believe it to best be considered Zaino Z5 in comparision. A very mild cleaner with some filling ability.

These products are considered end use products. They make paint cleaners, polishes, and bonding agents to help prior to the final coating. Unfortunately the word "polish" is used rather loosely as neither product has real abrasive ability.

Al-53
12-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Very right Killer..the cleaner in 111 is very very light....as we know shampoos do not get it all..so they use a lite cleaner to ensure a clean surface..

On a scale of 1 to 10..I would say it is 2......a sort of a little surface prep....

the formula came out before the 601 bonding agent and they never changed the formula.....

The one product I have yet to try is the TrackClaw polish...

Al

pt91
12-09-2006, 11:00 AM
There is a new product in the making for the enthusiast ..All i was told is it is in the research stage now...

AL[/QUOTE]

Sounds very interesting. Any thoughts on the improvements targeted in this new product? I have been pretty happy with 105 on my daily driver so far this season.