PDA

View Full Version : Couple of products in cold weather??

mcpp66
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
I forgot my duster in the trunk of my car. The temp of the garage is upper 30s, lower 40s. I know the CD is coated with a paraffin wax. Is my CD destroyed now because it's been sitting in cold weather?

Also, I purchased some of the Einszett de-icer spray. I'd like to keep it in my car with me so I'll have it whenever I need it, is it safe to store this stuff in the cold?

Flash Gordon
12-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I forgot my duster in the trunk of my car. The temp of the garage is upper 30s, lower 40s. I know the CD is coated with a paraffin wax. Is my CD destroyed now because it's been sitting in cold weather?

Also, I purchased some of the Einszett de-icer spray. I'd like to keep it in my car with me so I'll have it whenever I need it, is it safe to store this stuff in the cold?

I am so old and out of touch with the latest gadgets that I assume when you say "CD" your reffering to a music disk, no? If so, yes you are safe leaving your CD's in your car with those temps. CD's biggest enemy is the Sun & heat

As for the de-icer...yes, your safe to store it in your trunk if you please. However, for optimun perfomance it helps if the can is room temp

ROMEO
12-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Since he mentions that it is coated with paraffin wax, and was talking about duster, I'm guessing he is asking about the California Duster

A4 1.8tqm
12-09-2010, 03:52 AM
People still listen to CD's? J/K :laughing:

I can't imagine your duster would be ruined, or that a liquid De-Icer product would be harmed by cold temperatures. Your stuff should be fine.

BobbyG
12-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Once the duster warms up it'll be just like new, as far as the De-Icer is concerned I suspect it's right at home.

You'll be fine on both counts.

mcpp66
12-09-2010, 09:45 AM
I am so old and out of touch with the latest gadgets that I assume when you say "CD" your reffering to a music disk, no? If so, yes you are safe leaving your CD's in your car with those temps. CD's biggest enemy is the Sun & heat

As for the de-icer...yes, your safe to store it in your trunk if you please. However, for optimun perfomance it helps if the can is room temp

I thought I mentioned that it was a California Duster......my bad.