PDA

View Full Version : Help needed--clearcoat overspray

kansasdn
12-08-2006, 02:26 PM
A friend of mine just showed me his car after some minor body work and there is clearcoat overspray on some of the windows and hence, probably on the paint as well--recommendations for removal are appreciated?? Claying?? Or just take it back to the shop and worry that they will worsen the problem?? How long before you can clay the newly painted areas?? 3 months?? Thanks everyone for the help--would like to try to get it taken care of this weekend if its above 50 degressFeed back please

noname5
12-08-2006, 02:41 PM
I think Clay would probably be worth a try!

FloridaNative
12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
clay will remove the overspray. :)

ryandamartini
12-08-2006, 03:14 PM
clay will remove the overspray. :)

ditto

kansasdn
12-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Aggressive clay (type?) or mild (type?) as I have never had to deal with this before--would OP work (orange EDGE pad) if the clay is not successful?? Any comments on when the new surfaces could be addressed?? I received the Diamondite Clay Paint System as a freebie--Any reason I couldn't use the SprayClay and the Scrubber on the glass??

ryandamartini
12-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Aggressive clay (type?) or mild (type?) as I have never had to deal with this before--would OP work (orange EDGE pad) if the clay is not successful?? Any comments on when the new surfaces could be addressed?? I received the Diamondite Clay Paint System as a freebie--Any reason I couldn't use the SprayClay and the Scrubber on the glass??

Just use a regular clay bar. They are perfectly effective for removing overspray like you are describing.

kansasdn
12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone